Home

Week 9: Carolina Panthers (1-6) At Washington Redskins (3-5)

This is a discussion on Week 9: Carolina Panthers (1-6) At Washington Redskins (3-5) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #57
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Week 9: Carolina Panthers (1-6) At Washington Redskins (3-5)

What the hell was Banks doing? I know they didn't have much of a shot but do SOMETHING
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #58
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

This season has lost all its, steam. Love RGIII, love what he Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan represent about the future of the team. But watching this defense on the field is an exercise in futility. They can't cover, tackle or pressure the passer. They literally can't do anything that makes a defense work. If the offense doen't make mistakes themsleves there is a good chance you can score on every position.

Not that the offense has lost Fred Davis along with Pierre Garcon collecting checks for doing nothing, the offense has no weapons. Josh Morgan isn't going to run away from anyone, and outside of Santana Moss' great game against the Giants, there is nothing to fear from any other receivers. So the offense is now RGIII, Alfred Morris and whoever is running the slant off play action. Just depressing to watch.

Good Game Panthers. I thought the skins could take advantage of the injuries you guys had on defense, clearly I was wrong.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #59
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Shanahan needs to be fired, he does not have it anymore. He needs to stop it with all the designed runs with Robert Griffin and let that man sit in the pocket and throw the ball and let him decide when to run. Just because your Qb can run fast does not mean you should use him like a running back, let him throw the ball and catch defenses off guard when he does decides to run. Robert Griffin is taking to many hits, he shouldn't have to take.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #60
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Did you watch the game? Dropping RGIII back in a "traditional" offense allowed Carolina to rush 4 and get home consistently. The Skins oline is garbage. This offense actually takes most of the pressure off them because defense have to follow the football.

First time in over 10 years the offense isn't the problem a he should be fired because of the offense?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #61
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Did you watch the game? Dropping RGIII back in a "traditional" offense allowed Carolina to rush 4 and get home consistently. The Skins oline is garbage. This offense actually takes most of the pressure off them because defense have to follow the football.

First time in over 10 years the offense isn't the problem a he should be fired because of the offense?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Rob, at that point in this game the Panthers defense was expecting pass every time so that's a bit different than game planning a "traditional" offense from the start. I don't really agree with the sentiment of firing Shanahan but you already know my opinion on this option based offense.

I would argue if they were running a more "traditional" offense with the added benefit of RG3's running ability, quick/accurate release, developing ability to make reads and exceptional use of "slight of hand"/technique for playaction, the deficiencies of the OL could be overcome.

Again, I am speaking of what I think is best in the long term for RG3's development and the future of the Redskins, NOT about the wins/losses this year. It's clear to me, with the excessive amount of key injuries on both sides of the ball and even what I see as a drop off in special teams play(kickoff and punt returning) our record is not an indictment of the play calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #62
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

But it's not just this game though. Honestly if you have or can get NFL Game Rewind. Do it. Look at the coaches film. It will open your eyes. The Oline struggles most of the time. Trent Williams is playing like a pro bowl LT, and he is the only one that is playing at that high a level. The rest are struggling in pass protection. There are no weapons on the outside that scare a defense. It's not just the last few minutes it's the whole game. Carolina's Dline dominated the line of scrimmage. We've already agreed to disagree on the offense, but no matter what scheme they are running the Oline isn't playing at a level that is offering RGIII much. The offense is really RGIII and Alfred Morris. Even though he had 6 receptions Josh Morgan (who had a pretty good game all things considered) still dropped 3 or 4 balls and he was our best WR today.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #63
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I wasn't just talking about this game but the whole year and even though I haven't went back to watch every game again, I have watched every game this year. To your point, "no matter what scheme they are running the Oline isn't playing at a level that is offering RGIII much", again, that's why I think it's better in the long term to run a more traditional offense then.

The other stuff I already pretty much agreed with and stated there are many factors for what's happening this year. However, if due to all those factors, like an inconsistent OL and injuries, this is a building year, then they should be grooming RG3 for the future in a traditional offense. This is the first time I have ever heard of a franchise QB being drafted to play behind a lackluster OL so the game plan is to run an option based offense. There are traditional ways to game plan the offense to keep RG3 upright and healthy, behind this OL, imo.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I wasn't just talking about this game but the whole year and even though I haven't went back to watch every game again, I have watched every game this year. To your point, "no matter what scheme they are running the Oline isn't playing at a level that is offering RGIII much", again, that's why I think it's better in the long term to run a more traditional offense then.

The other stuff I already pretty much agreed with and stated there are many factors for what's happening this year. However, if due to all those factors, like an inconsistent OL and injuries, this is a building year, then they should be grooming RG3 for the future in a traditional offense. This is the first time I have ever heard of a franchise QB being drafted to play behind a lackluster OL so the game plan is to run an option based offense. There are traditional ways to game plan the offense to keep RG3 upright and healthy, behind this OL, imo.
You may want to watch a few Eagles games too. Vick is running a "traditional" offense this year. Granted they don't run nearly enough but when they do, Shady is often hit in the backfield. When the oline is as bad as the Skins/Eagles line, that offense will get the QB killed. There needs to be a nice balance but THIS year, it's best to continue rolling out, mixing in option plays and running the heck out of the ball. Get that line fixed for next year and dial the fancy stuff back.

A traditional offense wouldn't get RG3 hit less, it would just make it more likely he gets hit without knowing it's coming. It'd probably result in more turnovers actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »