Home

Week 9 MNF: Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) @ New Orleans Saints (2-5)

This is a discussion on Week 9 MNF: Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) @ New Orleans Saints (2-5) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #113
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
The Eagles o-line is such a sieve. How can the skill players be expected to put up numbers when it all starts up front?
Even more reason to let ol'Andy go since he still has a say in personnel decisions. OLine was a problem dating back to last year, and Jason Peters injury in offseason doesn't help... but Eagles have known about the offensive line issues for some time now.

Vick has held onto the ball for too long at times too, and the playcalling has been poor... too many mid to deep routes where u cannot get the ball out quick.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #114
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Week 9 MNF: Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) @ New Orleans Saints (2-5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Even more reason to let ol'Andy go since he still has a say in personnel decisions. OLine was a problem dating back to last year, and Jason Peters injury in offseason doesn't help... but Eagles have known about the offensive line issues for some time now.

Vick has held onto the ball for too long at times too, and the playcalling has been poor... too many mid to deep routes where u cannot get the ball out quick.
That's what I keep thinking every time I watch the Eagles. Especially with backups up front, why does the coaching staff continue to operate as though they have a good o-line? Why do they expect all these exotic deep routes they have Jackson running to develop when half the time someone is in Vick's face right as he finishes his drop? They are too stubborn for their own good. Instead of fashioning a game plan to fit around the personnel that is on the field, they are setting them up to fail.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #115
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

That Eagles offensive line has to be one of the worst I've ever seen. I can't blame that on Vick. That line actually stinks worse than Dallas O line. Now that is bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #116
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
That's what I keep thinking every time I watch the Eagles. Especially with backups up front, why does the coaching staff continue to operate as though they have a good o-line? Why do they expect all these exotic deep routes they have Jackson running to develop when half the time someone is in Vick's face right as he finishes his drop? They are too stubborn for their own good. Instead of fashioning a game plan to fit around the personnel that is on the field, they are setting them up to fail.
Exactly, the first two plays for last night's game were both playaction passes. Really?!? Really Reid.... The league knows you pass in upwards of 65% of the time, and you think that your opponent is going to bite on playaction passes?

I expected to see a couple runs right out the gate, and once I did not and then saw the pass pro breakdown immediately AGAIN... I just threw in the white flag as my initial game posts reflect and went on to something else that would bring me some joy lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #117
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm pretty sure, research done through Madden, if we place a kicker on the line, we may be able to hold off the rush. I mean, what do we have to lose at this point?

Seriously, its almost like they just don't like Vick and want to see him hurt. No way these are NFL linemen.. no way.

*I'm seriously cussing out loud right now thinking about this*

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 11-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #118
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Unrealistic to expect a TE to make every one handed catch especially when it would have been a really tough one at that, plus Celek is not Witten.
I don't care. You touch the ball you need to catch it. I don't care how difficult it is. Your paid to catch it. That's why they are out there an I'm not. Roddy an Julio drop catches all the time an I get on them. Ima get on Celek when he tips a pass into a defensive touchdown
Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #119
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
I just can't blame Vick too much. I seen a stat before this game saying only Peyton Manning has throw less Ints then Vick has since week 3. That's pretty damn good considering how bad the OL is. He's always fumbled the ball but its worse this year because he's constantly under attack.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #120
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Sucks for Vick being in such a difficult spot. This team just never seems motivated especially on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »