Home

Week 10: New York Jets (3-5) @ Seattle Seahawks (5-4)

This is a discussion on Week 10: New York Jets (3-5) @ Seattle Seahawks (5-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #65
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 10: New York Jets (3-5) @ Seattle Seahawks (5-4)

Random thoughts:

- Russell Wilson had an ok day. Rex Ryan did a good job scheming to get pressure on Wilson and it led to some pretty poor ball security and decision making. Luckily, Russell Wilson is able to bounce back and not let bad plays get to him and he still ended up with a solid day. That's one of the things I think can make Russell Wilson great: he is incredibly strong mentally. 15 TD/8 INT on the year. He's on pace for 24 TD/13 INT only attempting 25 passes a game. I'd say that's pretty damn good. The rookie QB TD record is 26.

- That said, after the bye the Seahawks have two games on the road. The 6-4 record now will mean nothing if they come out and lay an egg against Miami (which is entirely possible), and then have to travel to Chicago the next week. So that Miami game is going to be HUGE for the Seahawks. They need to prove they can perform on the road.

- 2 more sacks today, and Bruce Irvin has 7 on the year to lead all rookies while playing very limited snaps. With Bobby Wagner playing incredibly well at MLB, Russell Wilson playing solid at QB, and Robert Turbin showing that he is a good backup RB, the Seahawks have hit on their first four picks up to this point in the season. I wonder what all those people who were laughing at the Seahawks' draft are thinking now.

- Thank you Marshawn Lynch for continuing to run like a beast even after getting paid. I was terrified that the effort would slow down after signing the big contract, as I'm sure a lot of people were. He has shown that he is running just as hard as he did all of last year.

Great to head into the bye week at this point. Definitely need it to get Carpenter/KJ Wright healthy.

Last edited by thaima1shu; 11-12-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 32

Marshawn Lynch has proven to me that he is an elite running back in this league.

Seattle's offensive line is, at best, average. He continually piles up 100+ yard rushing performances despite running behind a line that has yet to really gel. That's a testament to his talent and ability to be a mother ****** to bring down.

He's not on the same level as AP (no one is close), but he could easily make a case for being the second best back in the league. He's right up there with guys like Ray Rice and MJD. He's going to hit 1,500+ yards this year and to me, that is so much more impressive than what Shaun Alexander did in 2005.

Wilson continues to grow. There are still very apparent "rookie" moments out there for him. He does get happy feet from time to time, but he seems like he is smart enough to make adjustments. I hope today was a learning experience for him when it comes to protecting the ball. The pass protection was not very good, but there's still no excuse for putting the ball on the turf not once, but twice.

The Seahawks are a good team. 10-6 is very likely for this team and possibly 11-5, but they have to learn how to translate their success they achieve at home to the road, or they will just end up being an elite team at home while a mediocre team overall. One thing I am certain of - after going to about eight games over the past two years, the effects of playing at home are as real as the media makes it out to be. It's a different environment and the Seahawks are just a different team at the CLink.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #67
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
The Seahawks are a good team. 10-6 is very likely for this team and possibly 11-5, but they have to learn how to translate their success they achieve at home to the road, or they will just end up being an elite team at home while a mediocre team overall. One thing I am certain of - after going to about eight games over the past two years, the effects of playing at home are as real as the media makes it out to be. It's a different environment and the Seahawks are just a different team at the CLink.
I think I'm the only one that thinks the Seahawks will go 8-0 in the last half. I'm thinking 12-4. That might get us an NFC West title, if the 49ers lose a couple more. Thank the heavens for that tie game, lol...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #68
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I think I'm the only one that thinks the Seahawks will go 8-0 in the last half. I'm thinking 12-4. That might get us an NFC West title, if the 49ers lose a couple more. Thank the heavens for that tie game, lol...
What...
8-0 beating the Dolphins, Bears and Bills on the road
and beating the 49ers again, and Arizona is a tough game with their defense and if they can get their offense to just play average.

I don't see them going 8-0, not at all.

That said, before the season I did state the Seahawks could end up being that surprise team and actually not just make the playoffs, but win the NFC West. A solid defense with a good running game, just needed to have decent QB play.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #69
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

I definitely don't see undefeated the rest of the year. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this team loses all 3 of the remaining road games. Until this team proves otherwise, I can't have faith in them on the road.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #70
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Good game, Jets fans. Go Hawks! Great win yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
Golden Tate is a better QB than Sanchez.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Almost sprayed my water on the screen here at work, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
Seahawks QB depth chart:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Sidney Rice
3. Golden Tate
4. Matt Flynn
5. Josh Portis
LOL, another good one. Bevell drives me nuts sometimes, but I give him credit for these creative WR passing plays. Nice to see Sydney on the receiving end of one Thought it was classy of him to give Tate the ball after for his touchdown pass, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
good game Seahawks. I know its a little late but you guys kicked our ***.

Oh well, time to just suck and draft Geno Smith. Might not be a franchise changer like Luck or RG3, but he's better than the two jokes we have right now.
Have to agree. Something has to change in your qb situation. What happened?? How did Sanchez go from those first two seasons to what's going on now?

Might as well see what you have with Tebow pretty soon, especially is Sanchez continues to struggle? Tebow's not a great qb, but he knows how to win....gotta count for something?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #71
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
I definitely don't see undefeated the rest of the year. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this team loses all 3 of the remaining road games. Until this team proves otherwise, I can't have faith in them on the road.
Anything can happen. There is nothing crazier than the NFL LOL.

Realistically, I'm not expecting the division and hoping we do enough to secure the sixth seed. I think we also need to monitor Alex Smith's concussion and see how many games (if any) he may miss.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #72
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Sidney Rice with the underrated quote of the day regarding Golden Tate's throw:

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybr..._brewer12.html

Quote:
"His throwing motion was the worst," said Rice, who mocked Tate for several minutes after the play. "I thought we traded for Tebow for a second."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »