Home

Week 11: Indianapolis Colts (6-3) @ New England Patriots (6-3)

This is a discussion on Week 11: Indianapolis Colts (6-3) @ New England Patriots (6-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 11: Indianapolis Colts (6-3) @ New England Patriots (6-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
4 Turnovers for luck and the fact he was outshine by Brady by a decent margin would be my definition of schooled. He does throw a nice ball no question about it. With the talent he has around him Andrew Luck is doing a damn good job for a rookie I will never deny that.

Aqib Talib some bad things, some good. He got burned a few times, nice pick 6. I'll give him a break here being since he hasn't played in a while but i'll take him over any other CB we have so good pickup.
You said it right after Luck threw his 2nd pick so I assumed by schooled you meant he was confused by the coverage or something like that, when in reality he made good reads just threw terrible passes. He actually threw a lot of poor passes today honestly.

I think this game really exposed Indy in a lot of ways. They could still make the Playoffs, but other than the win against GB it could really all be because of their schedule. Although I think they have to beat Houston once for them to make it to 10 wins. But either way, Colts D is still horrible. And so is the O-line and running game. AKA the exact same problems that Indy has had since like 2007 but Peyton isn't here to cover them up anymore. And I would hope that in the future Luck doesn't have to cover them up either and we can actually field a physical run the ball/stop the run type of team for once.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #42
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Gronk broke his forearm, reportedly on the final extra point.

Why is Gronk even on special teams? No matter about the score, that's just ******** to begin with. You don't put superstar players as blockers on FGs/XPs.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #43
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

He's out 4-6 weeks. Damn. Should be back for the playoffs, but we'll probably see a situation similar to the super bowl, where he's playing, but is a nonfactor.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #44
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown

Why is Gronk even on special teams? No matter about the score, that's just ******** to begin with. You don't put superstar players as blockers on FGs/XPs.
Yeah I'm bummed out about hearing that after game. The way Gronk plays he will be injury prone for much of his career. Luckily we should be getting Hernandez back as Gronk heals up (even though a high ankle sprain is bad injury in NFL)

And btw that sign...

Spoiler
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #45
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown

An all-around great win for the Pats, but this is terrible news. Outside of Brady, Gronk is probably the most irreplaceable player on the offense. Worst case scenario he'll be back for the playoffs so that's some good news, but this injury could cost us a top-2 seed and a bye week.

I agree with your point on him not needing to be on the field for the FGs/XPs, but the odds of getting hurt on that type of play are very small. I'd still much rather the Pats have someone else out there, but if he's the best guy for the job I can't fault BB too much for having him out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #46
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
Yeah I'm bummed out about hearing that after game. The way Gronk plays he will be injury prone for much of his career. Luckily we should be getting Hernandez back as Gronk heals up (even though a high ankle sprain is bad injury in NFL)

And btw that sign...

Spoiler
I feel like there is a word missing in that sign, la to be specific. I believe that translates to "I am party."
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #47
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I feel like there is a word missing in that sign, la to be specific. I believe that translates to "I am party."
Reason why no "la" is in there.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #48
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
He's out 4-6 weeks. Damn. Should be back for the playoffs, but we'll probably see a situation similar to the super bowl, where he's playing, but is a nonfactor.
I don't think it will be the same as last year. He was injured during the playoffs last year, the injury required surgery that he was unable to get until the season ended, and the only time he had off was the bye week before the Super Bowl.

This injury happened during the season, he'll be able to fully heal before going back on the field, and a forearm injury isn't likely to take away from his ability to play like a high ankle sprain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »