Home

Week 11 TNF: Miami Dolphins (4-5) @ Buffalo Bills (3-6)

This is a discussion on Week 11 TNF: Miami Dolphins (4-5) @ Buffalo Bills (3-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #57
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Week 11 TNF: Miami Dolphins (4-5) @ Buffalo Bills (3-6)

The size constraints of this forum won't allow me to create the appropriate sized *Sigh* face that I need to in response to this game.

So I'll just stick with this one...

Guess the Jets game was our Super Bowl.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #58
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Solid win for the Bills! I loved that the defense stepped up and showed some initiative and hey, Mario Williams actually showed up at least in stretches.

Gotta take it one game at a time now.
I think Mario played great all game long. The team got consistent pressure with four and five. The secondary on the other hand needs more practice.

I really hope the Franchise doesn't do something stupid like a coaching change and blow this thing up. Our team is getting into rhythm. Changing the offense, defense, in the off season basically makes all this work a wash.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #59
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I think Mario played great all game long. The team got consistent pressure with four and five. The secondary on the other hand needs more practice.

I really hope the Franchise doesn't do something stupid like a coaching change and blow this thing up. Our team is getting into rhythm. Changing the offense, defense, in the off season basically makes all this work a wash.
I'm starting to come along to your way of thinking regarding Chan and the coaching staff. It's been an incredibly up and down year but there's been some positives. I do think they need to look into getting a younger QB for the future though. If the D-line can be the strength to the defense than things will get better as that's the key to the Wannstedt philosophy.

As long as the Bills look competitive and maybe even win some games than I agree that they should stick with the management/coaching personnel.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #60
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'm starting to come along to your way of thinking regarding Chan and the coaching staff. It's been an incredibly up and down year but there's been some positives. I do think they need to look into getting a younger QB for the future though. If the D-line can be the strength to the defense than things will get better as that's the key to the Wannstedt philosophy.

As long as the Bills look competitive and maybe even win some games than I agree that they should stick with the management/coaching personnel.
All I am saying is since I have been a Bills fan the longest tenure I have seen was Dick Jauron and that was after we had gotten rid of all of Gregg Williams solid defensive players. Essentially we started from scratch.

My argument is that there is not enough veteran leadership on this team to sufficiently handle a coaching change. Are team is young, and this is the first year in a 4-3. You pull the plug now, it is another 3+ years of mediocrity. What is the better gamble, blow the team on the cusp of success to start over, or let them ride out the storm and see if they learned anything? I'm in the camp of the former rather than the latter.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #61
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I'm not sure what you can do. These people are adults, they should act like it and be responsible if they're going to drink. I hope the Bills don't end up losing some kind of lawsuit here.
More security. Bills games are almost universally at 1 pm because they don't want to give these people extra time to drink because it causes problems like this.

Just put more boots on the ground. Make it so people who are visibly intoxicated can't come into the game or buy more beer. That'll discourage the kind of insane binge drinking going on.

I went to a game two years ago where a dude was so drunk that he fell asleep next to my wife and I during one of the loudest situations I've ever been in. Another dude fell down 22 concrete stairs and smashed his whole face up against the concrete balcony. It was insane. Not to mention all the fights...

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #62
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
I went to a game two years ago where a dude was so drunk that he fell asleep next to my wife and I during one of the loudest situations I've ever been in. Another dude fell down 22 concrete stairs and smashed his whole face up against the concrete balcony. It was insane. Not to mention all the fights...
Yup, in Buffalo this sort of behavior is called "Thursday"...

You add a football game into the mix and "Boom Goes The Dynamite"...

As far as the coaching thing goes:

As I said early in the year, the current staff would have had to stay on the "record pace" for statistical failure to get Mr. Wilson awake / amped up enough to pull a trigger...

If these guys can get the players to play like they did last night on the reg AND Chandler lets someone other than him have some say in the Red Zone calls, I'm sure they'll be around a while...

That being said, Tannahill could just as easily pulled a W out of this and the conversation today would be quite different as a result...

VERY entertaining game tho!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #63
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I was at the game, my whole section was drunk. People wonder why Ralph doesn't like home night games, this is why. I'm sure the 13 year home departure from Monday Night Football was no accident. I don't think will see another night game for awhile.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #64
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

I've never been to a game but thank you for warning me to never go to a night game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »