Home

Week 12 Thanksgiving: New England Patriots (7-3) @ New York Jets (4-6)

This is a discussion on Week 12 Thanksgiving: New England Patriots (7-3) @ New York Jets (4-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #73
Banned

NYJetsfan's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafied0034
Not to take this thread entirely off topic, but I think you may be a little dramatic. The majority of people are actually normal people who just try to get by on a daily basis, but there are a few that give everyone else a bad name. Just because the media chooses to focus on these isolated incidents does not mean the rest of the population acts in the same fashion.

Ok back on topic, I really can't blame Sanchez for much of the jets problems this year. Sure he hasn't been great, but his best offensive weapon is out for the year and no one else is capable of stepping up and becoming a superstar. Not to mention their defense is hurting with the loss of Revis.
I'm basing my opinion on personal experience. I hope my opinion is wrong, but i lose confidence more and more each day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #74
Rookie

bonafied0034's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
I'm basing my opinion on personal experience. I hope my opinion is wrong, but i lose confidence more and more each day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No I hear you, the older I've gotten the more I seem to notice things like that. But I still have faith that most people are generally good people.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #75
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Week 12 Thanksgiving: New England Patriots (7-3) @ New York Jets (4-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Tough guys sipping that liquid courage.

Now if the players react and do something, they'll get in trouble.
While I agree, they should get in trouble if they react. Because they're professionals. They deal with this crap, and it's part of the job. What that fan think about in that moment is that those players know. They know they're heading into halftime after being completely disappointing. Does that guy think they just go out there and enjoy getting embarrassed? While as fans we are quick to call our teams out on not giving effort or giving up, in reality they are giving their all. The rest of us have bad days on the job. Does it feel good when we go home? Nope. It's no different here.

King is right. Sometimes when people drop a couple hundred to go to the stadium, they think they have this license to act a fool. I hope that guy got an earful from the fans around him after this display. It reminds me when I went to old Yankee Stadium with my Twins gear on. The Twins were losing, but when they scored, my friends and I stood up and cheered a little. Suddenly a cup of ice flew over our heads and hit a woman in front of us. That guy almost didn't make it out of there without a couple lumps to the head from the Yankees fans around him. For every yahoo like that, there are a vast majority who will stand up to this garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #76
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I feel like on the one hand those dudes make a lot of money and we shouldn't feel bad for them, but a lot of them are putting their future lives on the line out there week in and week out with concussions etc playing through injuries to try to put something good on the field.

As a Bills fan it would be easy to boo and be like those people (no playoffs since 1999) but I've just never been that type of fan. I'll bitch and complain about stupid plays / coaches / GMs but I haven't / won't ever boo my own team.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #77
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

There's a difference between booing and anything above that. Booing is one thing. However, people take it to another level.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #78
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
There's a difference between booing and anything above that. Booing is one thing. However, people take it to another level.
I agree with Muggins for my own personal behavior, but don't have a huge problem with booing. The people we're talking about are disgusting though. There is never an excuse to treat another being (human or otherwise) like that for any reason.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #79
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
While I agree, they should get in trouble if they react. Because they're professionals. They deal with this crap, and it's part of the job. What that fan think about in that moment is that those players know. They know they're heading into halftime after being completely disappointing. Does that guy think they just go out there and enjoy getting embarrassed? While as fans we are quick to call our teams out on not giving effort or giving up, in reality they are giving their all. The rest of us have bad days on the job. Does it feel good when we go home? Nope. It's no different here.

King is right. Sometimes when people drop a couple hundred to go to the stadium, they think they have this license to act a fool. I hope that guy got an earful from the fans around him after this display. It reminds me when I went to old Yankee Stadium with my Twins gear on. The Twins were losing, but when they scored, my friends and I stood up and cheered a little. Suddenly a cup of ice flew over our heads and hit a woman in front of us. That guy almost didn't make it out of there without a couple lumps to the head from the Yankees fans around him. For every yahoo like that, there are a vast majority who will stand up to this garbage.
My point is not one of those loud mouth tough guys would've said a peep if there weren't barricades and security there.

Quite easy to call out guys when you know you're protected.

As a Jets fan, I was completely disgusted by their effort. But to challenge their manhood from behind a fence is no different than me saying I'll kick your *** from behind my keyboard (no offense..just making a point).

I, like most of us, have paid good money to go to games only to have them stink it up and get blown out. I boo.

But some of those guys crossed the line of booing. And if they were face to face and eye to eye with those players, they wouldn't make a peep.

That was my point.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Off topic, but after reading Tim's post

Kingkilla56 =/= NYJetsfan, Avatar confusion!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »