Home

Ever notice how many people say "we"

This is a discussion on Ever notice how many people say "we" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Ever notice how many people say "we"

Recently I've noticed more and more people say "we" or "our" or "us" when talking about thier favorite team. Not sure why but it does get a lil annoying after awhile. I think it's because it's always someone who is playing Monday Morning QB, or thinks that they could do a better job of play-calling. Also I'm in Steeler county, so the steelers can't ever lose fair & square. Gotta be someone to blame. Sorry for rant, just annoyed by "Yinzer Nation"

I just wanna say "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know u played for the Steelers"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Ever notice how many people say "we"

Oh no, not this thread again.

It is perfectly fine to say "we", because we pay their salaries. We go and root for them. We put our time, money, energy, blood, sweat, tears into these teams and these players. We are the ones that celebrate. We are the ones that get pissed. We are the ones living and dying on every single turn of a game, or in an offseason, or whatever. A team is nothing without its fanbase.

I'll be saying "we" until the day I die, because I am a representative of the teams I root for.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31

It is perfectly fine to say "we", because we pay their salaries. We go and root for them. We put our time, money, energy, blood, sweat, tears into these teams and these players. We are the ones that celebrate. We are the ones that get pissed. We are the ones living and dying on every single turn of a game, or in an offseason, or whatever. A team is nothing without its fanbase.

I'll be saying "we" until the day I die, because I am a representative of the teams I root for.
This couldn't have been articulated better. I agree with literally every word you said.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Its BIRG vs CORF

When the team performs ****ty it turns into "they" "them" "those guys" etc. Its a psychology thing. Nothing noteworthy at all unless you're studying the idea.

Keep in mind teams are suppose to represent the city on their name and the fans who support them. Saying "us" is nothing new or anything to note as wrong like Matrix said.

People who ever bring this up are usually sour about the team that person is saying "we" about as you proved to us all in your OP. So yeah, you mad bro?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31

Well said. Without "us" there is no "them"....so I think you can make that a "we".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Just follow Tony Bruno's protocol:

Nobody but Green Bay fans are allowed to say "we".

Lololol......
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Why is this a thread every single year? The only times I'm iffy about saying we is in reference to college teams. Since in college you can actually attend the university. But even still I usually say we when talking about ND or IU because they are the universities that I root for and follow faithfully. When you attend games and spend as much money(in tickets, merchandise etc.) and invest as much time into your teams as a fan it's kind of hard to not say we or us or our when referencing them. And why so many people have a problem with this is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
Recently I've noticed more and more people say "we" or "our" or "us" when talking about thier favorite team. Not sure why but it does get a lil annoying after awhile. I think it's because it's always someone who is playing Monday Morning QB, or thinks that they could do a better job of play-calling. Also I'm in Steeler county, so the steelers can't ever lose fair & square. Gotta be someone to blame. Sorry for rant, just annoyed by "Yinzer Nation"

I just wanna say "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know u played for the Steelers"
You didn't see me out their, playing QB against the Browns? I thought I had a good performance

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »