Home

Week 14 (MNF): Houston Texans (11-1) vs. New England Patriots (9-3)

This is a discussion on Week 14 (MNF): Houston Texans (11-1) vs. New England Patriots (9-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #73
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Week 14 (MNF): Houston Texans (11-1) vs. New England Patriots (9-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
It's 2 years later, of course there are different players. 2010 and 2012 teams are still pretty much equally productive by all measures. Top 10 run defense, bottom half of the league pass defense. Elite passing game, top 10 running game. 2010 had a better record. Both teams looked vulnerable early in the year and had major questions about the defense. Both teams defense played much better as the year went on. 2010 entered the playoffs on an incredible roll and as the heavy favorites to win the championship. 2012 will need to win out to match that.
I'm not talking about the teams' record or stats, I'm talking about which team has a better roster. The 2010 team had a great rookie class, a lot of those guys have improved since then, play a major part on the team, and now have playoff experience. We've also added important players while not losing many. Again it doesn't guarantee them anything, but the 2012 roster is clearly better than the 2010 roster.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #74
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5
Well next time Texans (if) play the Patriots handing the ball to Foster again ain't going to cut it, pats run defense with guys like Wilfork clogging middle is too good. Shaubs gonna have to come out of gate throwing passes deep down the field then they can setup run later on. I haven't seen a team do that since Seahawks beat Patriots but maybe 49ers will get it this Sunday.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyStutters
I'm not talking about the teams' record or stats, I'm talking about which team has a better roster. The 2010 team had a great rookie class, a lot of those guys have improved since then, play a major part on the team, and now have playoff experience. We've also added important players while not losing many. Again it doesn't guarantee them anything, but the 2012 roster is clearly better than the 2010 roster.

So they haven't actually shown it in anyway, but the 20120 team is clearly better than 2010.

Ok, if you say so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
Well next time Texans (if) play the Patriots handing the ball to Foster again ain't going to cut it, pats run defense with guys like Wilfork clogging middle is too good. Shaubs gonna have to come out of gate throwing passes deep down the field then they can setup run later on. I haven't seen a team do that since Seahawks beat Patriots but maybe 49ers will get it this Sunday.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2
We'll see. I'm still wondering why the Texans ran it stubbornly right up the middle several times right at Wilfork.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #77
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
So they haven't actually shown it in anyway, but the 20120 team is clearly better than 2010.

Ok, if you say so.
I think you're missing my point. All I'm saying is the 2012 team has a better roster. We had a great team in 2010, but with the younger players improving and now with playoff experience, I think this team is better built for a playoff run. But like I said before having an improved roster doesn't guarantee anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »