Home

Week 14:Chicago Bears (8-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (6-6)

This is a discussion on Week 14:Chicago Bears (8-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (6-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Week 14:Chicago Bears (8-4) @ Minnesota Vikings (6-6)

Looks like Harvin is done for the year.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Ponder's last shot maybe?

He must be on a short leash after some pathetic efforts
Old 12-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I wouldn't call it Ponder's last shot yet, just because if they haven't benched him over a 58 yard and 63 yard performance and multiple 2-INT games, I'm not sure what would make them bench him.

I was a big fan of Webb's in college, and while he's not the best quarterback on the team, I believe he makes the best decisions whenever he's out there to keep us in the game. Ponder has been very indecisive. It's weird to say, but he looks for the pass way too much. There's been many times where he could have kept the drive alive with his legs but he decides to just keep running East and West to find the big play down field. Webb would go through his progression, but when he sees an opening to pick up the first down with his legs, he's going to take it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

From what I've seen of Webb in regular season games, (to me, preseason just doesn't count in evaluating how a player plays in games) he doesn't look through his progressions. His version of looking through progressions is panicking when the primary option isn't open and taking off running. He's also careless with the ball and doesn't read a defense well. I was kind of hoping he'd start over Ponder in one of the Bears games.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
All I am rooting for now is for Adrian to get 2000 yards this year. The man deserves it.

I am secretly hoping Vikings nab Alex Smith During the off season but I don't see it happening. He is better than what we have and While I hope Ponder gets better (he has improved this season since last) next season I don't see it.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #14
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
All I am rooting for now is for Adrian to get 2000 yards this year. The man deserves it.

I am secretly hoping Vikings nab Alex Smith During the off season but I don't see it happening. He is better than what we have and While I hope Ponder gets better (he has improved this season since last) next season I don't see it.
I really want him to break 2,200. If we ran him like we should, even just 5 extra runs a game, I wouldn't have any doubt that he could.

I'd prefer us to go after someone like Dwayne Bowe over a quarterback.. or, we could always find a receiver in the draft.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #15
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I really want him to break 2,200. If we ran him like we should, even just 5 extra runs a game, I wouldn't have any doubt that he could.

I'd prefer us to go after someone like Dwayne Bowe over a quarterback.. or, we could always find a receiver in the draft.
A nice WR would be nice. Simpson just isn't cutting it. Jenkins doesn't have the speed. We have Rudolph and Harvin but a nice number 1 guy would really help. Let's just hope we don't get another Troy Williamson disaster.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #16
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
A nice WR would be nice. Simpson just isn't cutting it. Jenkins doesn't have the speed. We have Rudolph and Harvin but a nice number 1 guy would really help. Let's just hope we don't get another Troy Williamson disaster.
Yeah, Williamson just didn't give a damn. He got paid, that's what he cared about.

I'd love for us to go after someone like Justin Hunter because of his side, but I don't think you can go wrong with Robert Woods. The problem with USC receivers though is there's only been one that's really had any kind of consistent in the last 15-years and that was Keyshawn, unless I'm missing someone.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »