Home

Offensive/Defense Rookie of the Year. (2012/2013)

This is a discussion on Offensive/Defense Rookie of the Year. (2012/2013) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who is the OROTY?
Andrew Luck (IND)(QB) 7 16.67%
Robert Griffin III (WASH)(QB) 26 61.90%
Brandon Weeden (CLE)(QB) 0 0%
Ryan Tannehill (MIA)(QB) 1 2.38%
Russel Wilson (SEA)(QB) 5 11.90%
Doug Martin (TB)(HB) 2 4.76%
Alfred Morris (WASH)(HB) 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Offensive/Defense Rookie of the Year. (2012/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I dont think RG 3 should win it. Imo Andrew luck deserves it more. RG 3 is helped more by Morris, if morris wasnt there RG 3 would have a Andrew Luck season.
You have it backwards. Morris wouldn't have had his season without RG3. The D can't focus in on Morris as much because Griffin runs the zone read so often. Moreover, when he hands the ball to Morris on a zone read, it takes 1 defensive lineman out of the play (since the DE stays home), making it easier to run. Last but not least, the Skins would be 17th in rushing yards if you subtracted RG3's rushes, which incidentally, is where the Colts are right now.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I dont think RG 3 should win it. Imo Andrew luck deserves it more. RG 3 is helped more by Morris, if morris wasnt there RG 3 would have a Andrew Luck season.
Piling on (can't even say I'm mad about it bc this really was a bad statement), he's got what 4 ints on the year? Have you really convinced yourself that the difference between what he's done at that level of decision making and Luck having the most INTs in the league (I think) is Morris? And I love Luck and what he's done but really?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

I think both races are too close. You could make a case for Wilson, RG3, or Luck. Just like you could make a case for Wagner, Hayward, or Kuechly.

I'll go with Luck for OROY, solely because some of the plays he makes wouldn't be made by anyone else. Before the Indy-Detroit game, I would have said RG3.

Defense I have to go with Bobby Wagner. He's been a huge part of that sick Seattle D.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Yeah I worded my take on RG3terribly wrong and apologize for offending anyone.

Just the way Luck makes plays when they need him to and wins games by coming back in the 4th just to me is amazing.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yeah I worded my take on RG3terribly wrong and apologize for offending anyone.

Just the way Luck makes plays when they need him to and wins games by coming back in the 4th just to me is amazing.
Can't disagree that Luck has been very clutch and makes the plays when they matter. But isn't it also possible that the Colts get in those holes because of Luck's turnovers at times as well? They don't have a good defense, granted. But it just surprises me that some are so quick to brush off the high number of turnovers as if they're meaningless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

My question is though how many of these 4th quarter comebacks are self inflicted. Throwing 18 ints isn't really helping the team IMO. Your comments didn't offend me personally its always good to debate.

Like the Lions game. 50+ pass attempts 3 ints, and an incredible 4th quarter. I view that as an inconstant performance. Not great. The ends was great, but if not for the 3 ints would the heroics be needed? I don't know that answer to that question as I'm not watching much of the Colts defense.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

I kind of agree but with the team he's working with, whatever it takes to get wins deserves praise so I hear where you're coming from Candyman. I just think it's a bit short sighted, looking only at things from Luck's perspective. For example, the Skins are 7-6 to the Colts 8-5 and have a tougher schedule. Wins against the Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants and Ravens all hold weight as these are all playoff contenders... and the victories could put the Skins in the playoffs. We'll see what the Colts do against Houston but they don't really have many big wins in comparison.

You also mention the 4th quarter comebacks but don't acknowledge the work RG3 has done in the 4th quarter. Considering what we have seen, it wouldn't be a crazy assumption to say they would've beaten the Falcons also if he didn't get hurt at the end of that game. I think you also said Luck has done things no other QB can do and that phrase defines RG3 as much as anyone.

And btw, I don't think anyone was offended by your comments. All good discussion. We just disagree... alot on this point
Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #24
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

I'd love to see Russel Wilson/Bobby Wagner win it, but right now I think it's RGlll/Harrison Smith.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »