Home

Week 15: Washington Redskins (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (5-8)

This is a discussion on Week 15: Washington Redskins (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (5-8) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who Wins
Washington Redskins 7 70.00%
Cleveland Browns 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Week 15: Washington Redskins (7-6) at Cleveland Browns (5-8)

Yeah, calling the Browns offense, putrid is definitely not the right way to put it. I'd say they are inconsistent at best but Josh Gordon *(Not Gibson)* and Weeden are coming along very nicely and it seems Little is settling into a number 2 position, although I still don't like him. Plus, T Rich doesn't average much per carry but it seems that on most of runs he is never tackled, the refs blow the whistle on forward progress, he most of the times turns a negative gain into 3 or 4 yards which definitely adds up and allows him to get longer runs later in the game.

And the front 4 of the Browns defense has been playing great as of late....take away that 80 yard big-hit-play by Charles last week, they haven't given up much. Plus that play wasn't on them, just TJ Ward over-pursuing and Usama Young taking a horrible angle because the secondary is sub-par, aside from Joe Haden. The weak part of the defense is definitely not up front.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9
If you look at the rankings, the browns are 26th in total offense. Weeden and Rich are EXTREMELY inconsistent, and I wouldn't say their recievers are much to brag about. Richardson can have good games, but I doubt he will considering the Redskins tough rush D. We shall see though!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
Rookie

You are totally right....BUT looking at the past few weeks during their winning streak and when Shurmur took over play calling from Childress the offense has been playing better than earlier in the season.

Also that playcalling that was dumb and inconsistent has actually looked somewhat together, it looks like shurmur is trying to save his job, haha.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
If you look at the rankings, the browns are 26th in total offense. Weeden and Rich are EXTREMELY inconsistent, and I wouldn't say their recievers are much to brag about. Richardson can have good games, but I doubt he will considering the Redskins tough rush D. We shall see though!
We both know that the reason the Redskins rush defense is so good (statistically) is because teams are throwing for over 300 on the skins. Ray Rice had no problems gashing the #4 ranked rush defense last week.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
We both know that the reason the Redskins rush defense is so good (statistically) is because teams are throwing for over 300 on the skins. Ray Rice had no problems gashing the #4 ranked rush defense last week.
Yeah, and you also can't look at the Browns offensive ranking over the course of the season when they've clearly taking a big turn for the better in the last few weeks.

With that said, they haven't really beaten anyone of consequence... we can say the Steelers but that was with Batch playing his first game in years and the team having 8 turnovers, and they barely won that game.

This is going to be interesting because this would be the Browns chance to show the change is them and not the level of competition... kind of like the Skins wins over the Giants and then Ravens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
But even when other teams do try and run on the Skins, they don't have much success. The outlier being Ray Rice of course.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #23
Rookie

Well with Cousins getting the official nod now, this definitely adds a different wrinkle. And for the Browns I don't think that they or the fans really care who the wins are over, and who's playing for them...as long as they are wins and the team is finishing games.

That has been this teams achilles heel and so what if the wins were against an aging Pittsburgh team and the lowly Raiders and Chiefs? Those were games they were supposed to win and they did for a change and to me and many other Browns fans, that is definite progress for this young team.

Hopefully on Sunday Dick Jauron puts together a nice gameplan that will test Cousins for a full game and really make him earn the victory.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Well, this puts a damper on the game for me. Watching all year, it seemed like with RGIII back there Washington had been in every game. I thought Cousins was a 2nd rounder, so I feel better about him back there over Rex. But there was a "magic" around Griffin. This game and the play-offs just became a lot harder for Washington.

It's his rookie year so there is a learning curve, but damn Bob needs to learn to get down, and get OOB when the opportunity is there. He is missing this game because he wanted 3 extra yards, he got knocked stupid vs Atlanta for 3 extra yards. Someone needs to talk to him about that. Three yards from a super bowl championship, go ahead and risk it. 3 yards for the sake of being 3 yards closer to the first down marker not worth it at all.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »