Home

Week 17 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (8-7) @ Washington Redskins (9-6)

This is a discussion on Week 17 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (8-7) @ Washington Redskins (9-6) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #41
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Week 17 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (8-7) @ Washington Redskins (9-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
False.

He will go off, but you are giving too much credit to the Skins D

Hell, the first game was a play or two from being a Dallas win.
Not that is makes much of a difference, but from what I hear Hasslett backed off some of his more complicated/aggressive stuff in the second half. Wanted to save some of that for this week, as they seemed to have their offense bottled up pretty good in the first half. Take it for what it's worth.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #42
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Makes sense as it's pretty much do or die and he or Shanahan can't afford to hold anything back.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #43
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
The Seahawks fan in me wants Dallas to win but it's hard to pick against RG3 right now. I'm just happy I don't have stress over a game like this yet
Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #44
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Watching that game and based on how it was going, did you really think the game was as close as the score indicated?
The plays that turned the game around were the Dez fumble where he clearly felt the hit was coming quicker than it did, left him vulnerable, and the Hall Int on a clear flag.

EDIT: That was my point. Not that we would have stopped the Skins O at all, but we were moving the ball, that wasn't the issue, at all.

Last edited by cjonesfan921; 12-27-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Of course you were moving the ball, but for much of the game, it wasn't really resulting in anything. And by the time it did, it was already too late AKA trying to play catch up.

What ya'll need to NOT do in this game is find a way to go down 2-3+ scores like you've seemed to do much of this season.

If I had to pick someone, I'd pick Dallas but moreso that they've learned their lesson after being in this scenario last year as well.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #46
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Of course you were moving the ball, but for much of the game, it wasn't really resulting in anything. And by the time it did, it was already too late AKA trying to play catch up.

What ya'll need to NOT do in this game is find a way to go down 2-3+ scores like you've seemed to do much of this season.

If I had to pick someone, I'd pick Dallas but moreso that they've learned their lesson after being in this scenario last year as well.
Well, yes, obviously. My point was the Dez fumble, we were into their territory. Dez has a tendency to fumble but that one was clearly a case of expecting to be hit earlier than he was....costly. These things happen in a game, so it's not an excuse but moreso to say, these teams are pretty much even.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 16

One thing to keep in mind is the Cowboys offense did not have DeMarco Murray in the first matchup. Having him back there changes the way teams have to defend us and makes our offense much more dangerous than when we're stuck with fragile Felix behind Romo. I just hope Garrett doesn't abandon the run yet again. We need to keep RG3 off the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
In the long term that might be for the best. The last thing Dallas needs is Jerry thinking this team as currently constructed is actually a contender.
I think the last half of the season has shown that we have what it takes to be a contender. With some better luck health-wise, improvements in the trenches, and a safety, we're definitely on the cusp of contention.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #48
Rookie

JWaLL's Arena

OVR: 8

both these offenses are great and both defenses are average on a good day. this will we another shootout and will come down to who has the ball last. I think this is a huge game for Romo as he has blown it every time he has this chance. RG3 can begin his legacy with a win. this game will be crazy and i cannot wait.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »