Home

Black Monday 2012/Coach Carousel

This is a discussion on Black Monday 2012/Coach Carousel within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #33
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Black Monday 2012

Meh, I think at some point, he'll need to start cranking out some 10+ win seasons.

9-7/8-8 seasons are OK, but at the sametime it's not really showing if progress is being made or not and then you're just floating around mediocrity, which no team wants to be at for a couple years.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Meh, I think at some point, he'll need to start cranking out some 10+ win seasons.

9-7/8-8 seasons are OK, but at the sametime it's not really showing if progress is being made or not and then you're just floating around mediocrity, which no team wants to be at for a couple years.
I agree, but the Jets team the way it is built is a 4-5, maybe 6 win team. This year, they should've been a 3 win team.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #35
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

The thing with Sanchez is that he has had every reason to fail (and at this point some can say has.) but he needs to make some plays. Its a lot easier to say Sanchez has no weapons if he is fitting balls into tight windows and recivers are dropping them, if he is getting sacked at the top of his drop not after he has hopped around for a second or two.

Watching Sanchez on some plays you can tell that he doesn't trust his guys and that he also doesn't trust himself. He is a shot QB. Much like David Carr, he can still salvage a career, but he needs to go play somewhere out of the spot light. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Arizona (probably the best spot for him).

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #36
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think Tannebaum is more to blame for the Jets' current predicament than Rex Ryan; Ryan doesn't strike me as a guy who has a great deal of input into personnel foremost (correct me if I'm wrong), and the Jets have repeatedly traded away draft picks (i.e. Tebow for a 4th and 6th; they've made 21 picks over the past four years, teams start with 28 picks before compensatory picks are awarded), the draft picks they have they haven't used well (the only good player they've drafted since the Revis draft is Muhammed Wilkerson), and they've spent buckets of money in free agency to build their team given their absence of draft picks, which puts their salary cap in a tough situation. The ridiculous "vote of confidence" contract for Sanchez is but one ridiculous money-spending example, and I think that contract forced Ryan's hand with regard to giving Sanchez every chance possible to succeed even when the quarterback didn't deserve it based on his failings on the field simply due to the economics of that deal.

On a similar line of logic, I'd like to know if Ken Whisenhunt had any input into the Kevin Kolb trade, and if he did then I personally think there is grounds to get rid of him.
Rex (from what I understand) plays a big part in who gets drafted but Tannenbaum ultimately has the final say.

The Jets have drafted way more defense than offense which reeks of Rex's influence in the draft. And a lot of those defensive players (mid to lower round picks) were subsequently cut.

I wan Tannenbaum and Rex both gone but it looks like both of the may stay. Rex will probably be kept and Tannenbaum will just be shifted to another FO position.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #37
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The thing with Sanchez is that he has had every reason to fail (and at this point some can say has.) but he needs to make some plays. Its a lot easier to say Sanchez has no weapons if he is fitting balls into tight windows and recivers are dropping them, if he is getting sacked at the top of his drop not after he has hopped around for a second or two.

Watching Sanchez on some plays you can tell that he doesn't trust his guys and that he also doesn't trust himself. He is a shot QB. Much like David Carr, he can still salvage a career, but he needs to go play somewhere out of the spot light. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Arizona (probably the best spot for him).
I agree with this, Sanchez has the tools to be a pretty good QB but man, does he have a fragile ego. You don't really want your QB to be so prone to emotional highs and lows but if said QB is like that than those markets are the best places for him to play in.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #38
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I agree with this, Sanchez has the tools to be a pretty good QB but man, does he have a fragile ego. You don't really want your QB to be so prone to emotional highs and lows but if said QB is like that than those markets are the best places for him to play in.
I disagree with this. He's inconsistent and turnover prone and really will never be an upper tier QB. Plus so many QBs drafted since him have come in and outperformed him, which makes the excuse of him being a young QB go out of the window.

Granted the Jets have surrounded him with no weapons on offense, but that just seems like a situation where both parties need to move on to better things. Sanchez can be a solid guy given the right circumstances, but the same can be said about plenty of other QBs.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #39
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I disagree with this. He's inconsistent and turnover prone and really will never be an upper tier QB. Plus so many QBs drafted since him have come in and outperformed him, which makes the excuse of him being a young QB go out of the window.
Yeah when I say pretty good i'm thinking a guy who can be a short term starter for a team until they find that franchise QB. Basically Sanchez is good enough to be a stop-gap who can probably give a team playoff appearances but never viewed as the long term answer.

Basically Steve DeBerg.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Rex should stay. One step towards the Jets not being a joke franchise is they need to stop changing coaches every 3 or 4 years. Rex has proved he's a good coach, he's gone to 2 AFC championship games, and he's beaten a number of more talented teams in the playoffs. He's not perfect, but you don't keep firing coaches until you find someone who is perfect. And when he's made mistakes, like not keeping the locker room together last year, he's admitted them, and made changes.

Tannenbaum should go. Too many bad contracts, too many wasted draft picks. They need to bring in someone with more of a football background. I guess they are talking about keeping Tannebaum around to be the "cap guy," I don't know why.

Sparano needs to go, never should have been hired. He's not an offensive coordinator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »