Home

NFC Wild Card Weekend: Seattle Seahawks (5) @ Washington Redskins (4)

This is a discussion on NFC Wild Card Weekend: Seattle Seahawks (5) @ Washington Redskins (4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NFC Wild Card Weekend: Seattle Seahawks (5) @ Washington Redskins (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
This game worries me.

Really, really worries me.

RG3 is a special talent and I could see Morris going nuts on our run defense. It's in their house. We've turned a corner on the road, but we're far from proven on the road, with our only solid win coming against the Bears (a team that turned out to not be very good). We also beat the Panthers and Bills (though some would argue that was a neutral site game) on the road. That's not a very impressive resume. This will be our toughest game of the season, as it should be.

With that said, I feel like Russell Wilson is going to continue showing people why he is going to be great. I love the match up he has going up against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. If Marshawn gets it going, I don't think the Redskins will be able to keep up. Our defense, despite what many on here say, is not 'elite' to me yet... We need to generate a pass rush. Plain and simple... If we give RG3 all day to make plays, he is going to make them.

I'm calling a 28-21 Seattle win, though I have never been this nervous or unsure of a game all season. It's going to be a war.
I think the Skins win with it not only being an away game but a west to east away game on a crappy field in what looks like about 30 degrees. But I am definitely as unsure about that pick as you and agree with your points on the keys to Seattle pulling it out (and they have a good chance at hitting on them).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #66
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
This is extra tough to pick. The Seahawks are strong enough and hot enough to be a serious Super Bowl contender, but RG3/Morris puts the Redskins on a dangerous level of spoiler/upset, if that's what they are despite hosting this game. In fact, I usually don't go for home field advantage thing except in certain stadiums (Seattle being one of them), but I think having that Week 17 game in Washington was the little extra boost they needed to rid themselves of those meddling Cowboys. Morris is the difference. RG3 without a run game is dangerous, RG3 with one is lethal. And the D finds a way to be effective when needed.

This one is gonna be great. But Washington DC is gonna be the place celebrating, not Washington state. This was the worst matchup for Seattle to run into, I probably would've gone towards them if they had Green Bay or pretty much anyone else.

Washington wins.
I would almost guarantee Green Bay would beat Seattle right now. Since Jones hurt his leg, Seattle's pass rush has been non-existent without the threat of interior pressure. Rodgers would rip apart the secondary like a surgeon, even without the help of a run game. That's just a horrid matchup for them right now.

I think they have a better shot against Washington simply because of RG3's inexperience and their offensive style. That sounds crazy, because he's done so well this year, but so much of their offense is predicated off PA max protect. I think Seattle can defend him better, especially if they are able to get the lead early and eat up the clock to shorten the game like they love to do. Force him into strictly passing situations and weaken the threat of play-action. Fieldgulls has an excellent article on RG3's struggles progressing through his reads and Washington's inability to stop the run when teams stay committed to it.
I think Seattle matches up well with the Skins, but it depends which Hawks team shows up. They are still extremely young in critical areas. Sometimes youth sucks, especially on the road and in the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #67
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

It's not going to be easy, but the Skins will pull this out.

Redskins 26 Seahawks 23

*But, if the Seahawks win, i'll be rooting for them to win the Super Bowl.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #68
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

The Redskins much like the Seachicken's () will be getting a CB back from a 4 game suspension as Cedric Griffin has been placed back on the active roster for this game.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #69
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think the Skins win with it not only being an away game but a west to east away game on a crappy field in what looks like about 30 degrees. But I am definitely as unsure about that pick as you and agree with your points on the keys to Seattle pulling it out (and they have a good chance at hitting on them).
Is the whole West to East thing going to make even the slightest difference considering this is a 4:30 start time anyway and that's about the sametime(although 3 hours back)they usually play their games at home anyway?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #70
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Is the whole West to East thing going to make even the slightest difference considering this is a 4:30 start time anyway and that's about the sametime(although 3 hours back)they usually play their games at home anyway?
Points to PPM for bringing this up. The impact should be minimal on the Seahawks, given the start time. It really does reduce the travel thing significantly.

What concerns me is the Redskins big crowd and that field. But I trust our coaches and trainers to have prepared the team and their equipment for these conditions.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #71
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

So... a Redskins player thinks Sherman is a cheater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Today
ASHBURN, Va. — Washington Redskins linebacker Lorenzo Alexander was discussing whether Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman should be on the field for Sunday's NFC wild-card game after Sherman won his drug appeal on a technicality and had a four-game suspension overturned last week.

As Alexander spoke Friday, defensive tackle Kedric Golston leaned in from his adjacent locker and injected his opinion:

"He's a cheater,'' Golston said, then walked away.

"It is what it is,'' Alexander told USA TODAY Sports. "I don't know what his total case and background of it is, or about the paperwork he did. He was doing Adderall, Ritalin, the same thing that (Redskins cornerback) Cedric (Griffin) was doing, I believe. I know there's a (testing) procedure you have to do and even then, they can still hit you for it. It is what it is.''
Not that it matters much... But, there's been a lot of trash talk between each team's players not named Griffin or Wilson. It's definitely gonna add fuel to the fire...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #72
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

LOL, more of the media stirring the playoff pot, trying to create stories.

Makes me glad I never became a journalist.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »