Home

AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1)

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #833
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1)

all these peyton manning cant rise to the occasion theories are folly......

look at brady for example.... he won 3 SB when he was part if great TEAMS...

he was doing his part and winning......

since 06 when he started carrying the team with his offensive genious he hasn't won and when they lose he plays baddddd.....

tom is finally seeing what peyton has faced his entire career, you cant do it alone.....ironically peyton D carried him to his ring....

look at drew brees still an offensive beast cant win anymore big games because you cant do it by yourself....

same for eli, rodgers etc etc....

like peyton, brady will never win another SB until he gets a good D again....

same for elway, you need your team especially the D more in the playoffs....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #834
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree that people don't hold Brady to the same standards as Peyton,especially on this forum.Brady's been worse in many big games than Peyton.Peyton played relatively good against the Ravens if you take away the hack int. for a td and the horrid secondary play caused the O.T. which otherwise would've been a Broncos victory.

Throughout his career and especially early on Peyton has been cursed with bad defenses and Vanderjagt while Brady gets a tuck rule call which led to a Superbowl win and that win plus other big Vinatieri kicks were heavily depended on.

I'm not trying to validate one qb over the other but I'm tired of the lets rail on Peyton Manning no matter what happens within a big game but make excuses for Tom Brady as if it's blasphemy.On Mike and Mike I was suprised to finally here Brady's lack of performance in playoff games brought up,at least someone mentions it.I think Brady had a 45 total QBR this game and one in the single digits against the Jets in 2010.Manning hasn't had one that low in over a decade.

I personally would like to see the qb position in general not get held to as high of a standard when it comes to winning or losing.Both Manning and Brady are great qb's I really don't think ones that far ahead of the other though.

Last edited by gr18; 01-21-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #835
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana

look at brady for example.... he won 3 SB when he was part if great TEAMS...

he was doing his part and winning......

since 06 when he started carrying the team with his offensive genious he hasn't won and when they lose he plays baddddd.....

tom is finally seeing what peyton has faced his entire career, you cant do it alone.....ironically peyton D carried him to his ring....

look at drew brees still an offensive beast cant win anymore big games because you cant do it by yourself....

same for eli, rodgers etc etc....

like peyton, brady will never win another SB until he gets a good D again....

same for elway, you need your team especially the D more in the playoffs....
Generally speaking, I agree with you. But the Pats have still been to back to back AFCCGs and just went to the SB last year. One team out of 32 wins it all... they've still been hovering around top 2-4, so Brady has still had an unbelievable amount of success considering their average defenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #836
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
You could make a case for it being folly based on the 2005-06 AFC Championship Game alone. The Colts were down 21-3 but managed to comeback and win 38-34. The Patriots built their early lead on a fumble and INT return, but after that Manning clearly outplayed Brady.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »