Home

AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1)

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Broncos will start a smidgen slow, but this game won't be close. The Ravens are going down in a blaze of "blown out" glory. Chris Kuper is back for the Broncos, a shortened week hurts the Ravens, played at Mile High, and the emotional push of Ray Lewis will have dissipated.

The Broncos will likely try to take away the running game and force Flacco to beat them.
Spoken like a humble Bronco fan . I'd be semi shocked if we win, but I think it will be a little closer then you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #26
TRC
Rookie

TRC's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Spoken like a humble Bronco fan . I'd be semi shocked if we win, but I think it will be a little closer then you think.
This game may be close in the first halfi, but Denver will pull away in the 3rd quarter. They have been a 2nd half team all year, and I really don't see how Baltimore scores more than 17 points on Denver's defense. Baltimore would have to score 30 points to make this game close. Also, Denver's offensive line dominated Baltimore's D-line in December and that was without Kuper (arguably Denver's best offensive lineman). If Baltimore blitzes Manning the same way they blitzed Luck, Manning will carve them up. Baltimore will have to create turnovers to have a snowball's chance in Denver.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Broncos will start a smidgen slow, but this game won't be close. The Ravens are going down in a blaze of "blown out" glory. Chris Kuper is back for the Broncos, a shortened week hurts the Ravens, played at Mile High, and the emotional push of Ray Lewis will have dissipated.

The Broncos will likely try to take away the running game and force Flacco to beat them.
Don't forget Peyton Manning teams have gone one and done in the playoffs before. Something to consider.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #28

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

All Broncos fans said the same thing about the AFC Championship against the sixth seeded Steelers at home in 2006.

While like Jaybee said, I expect the Broncos to win but I will hold off on declaring an easy win and leave it at that.

Good luck Ravens fans and go Broncos.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #29
TRC
Rookie

TRC's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
All Broncos fans said the same thing about the AFC Championship against the sixth seeded Steelers at home in 2006.

While like Jaybee said, I expect the Broncos to win but I will hold off on declaring an easy win and leave it at that.

Good luck Ravens fans and go Broncos.
It is all about turnovers. If Denver turns the ball over 4x like they did vs the Steelers in the 2005-6 AFC Championship game, then the Ravens could upset the Broncos. Otherwise, I don't see the Ravens stealing one in Denver.

Last edited by TRC; 01-08-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC
It is all about turnovers. If Denver turns the ball over 4x like they did vs the Steelers in the 2005-6 AFC Championship game, then the Ravens could upset the Broncos. Otherwise, I don't see the Ravens stealing one in Denver.
Peyton has pretty much been unstoppable since that Week 2 MNF game in Atlanta, so those turnovers you are referring to may have to be delivered from a local bakery.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Peyton has pretty much been unstoppable since that Week 2 MNF game in Atlanta, so those turnovers you are referring to may have to be delivered from a local bakery.
Huh? Turnovers have been the biggest problem they've faced on their run, you know turnovers can happen in other ways than an interception right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #32
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Huh? Turnovers have been the biggest problem they've faced on their run, you know turnovers can happen in other ways than an interception right?
Yeah, I felt the need to put a bad joke in there though. Turnovers are the main weakness of this team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »