Home

AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1)

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #65

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: AFC Divisional Weekend: Baltimore Ravens (4) @ Denver Broncos (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Have you seen the players we've drafted over the years? Most of them are from warm weather places so it's not like they're used to the cold when they get here LOL.

Remember, it's not like all of their home games are played in 32 degrees or below weather and if I'm not mistaken, I think we've only played one game where it was 32 degrees or colder(Just going off memory from the pregame weather reports I read before each game).
That was what he was saying but I get your point as well.

But I think his main point was that even though they've only played a game or two in what would be considered cold weather football, they have now been practicing outside in the cold for about a month now which should be enough to get acclimated to it.

Whether that translates to game situations is the question?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #66
Rookie

fzbronco77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I think the weather will give the Ravens a chance at the upset. I predict Boldin/Smith will outplay Thomas/Decker.

Ravens 20 Broncos 17.
So your basically saying that Chris Harris and Champ Bailey are gonna get burned? Its not like these guys are going against each other on the field.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #67
Rookie

fzbronco77's Arena

OVR: 0

I won't make a score prediction. Lets just say, if the Broncos don't win, I'll be more surprised than I've been in the last decade of watching them. The last time I was extra confident was when they beat the Pats in the Divisional round '06. I had a bad feeling bout the AFCCG the week after and they lost. I didn't even watch the whole game. Started watching at the end of the 2nd qtr....
I expect a convincing win none the less.

Broncos aren't losing this one. Sure, Ray Lewis coming back is a little distracting to some who are trying to figure out who will win. He won't be able to bring that emotion a mile high with Flacco who has never even played there.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzbronco77
I won't make a score prediction. Lets just say, if the Broncos don't win, I'll be more surprised than I've been in the last decade of watching them.
The most surprised I've been by the Broncos in any decade was when they beat the Packers in '98, which I still consider the best SB ever.

I had a few when making my WR/score prediction. I'll strike that and just say I hope we can stay in the game late. I wouldn't bet $200 even getting 10 points.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #69
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I had a few when making my WR/score prediction. I'll strike that and just say I hope we can stay in the game late. I wouldn't bet $200 even getting 10 points.
That's funny. Was it drinking and posting or is it just game day jitters?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
That's funny. Was it drinking and posting or is it just game day jitters?
LOL, just drinking and posting. I'm not to jittery about this game-we're not expected to win.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Damn, I forgot all about Manning's playoff history when it comes to cold weather games.

Not that it matters to me since I picked Baltimore to win it all once Ray Lewis said this would his last ride.
It's not really the cold weather. Remember the Colts 2005 and 2007 dominant seasons ended in one and dones at the RCA Dome. I've defended Peyton a lot when it comes to his Playoff history, but there is an argument to be had that he just isn't the same in January.

That's why I think this Playoff season could be really big for him as far as his legacy goes. Add another SB to his resume and people quickly forget about his Playoff "woes". At that point I think he could legitimately be seen as the best ever.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
It's not really the cold weather. Remember the Colts 2005 and 2007 dominant seasons ended in one and dones at the RCA Dome. I've defended Peyton a lot when it comes to his Playoff history, but there is an argument to be had that he just isn't the same in January.

That's why I think this Playoff season could be really big for him as far as his legacy goes. Add another SB to his resume and people quickly forget about his Playoff "woes". At that point I think he could legitimately be seen as the best ever.
And when he did win a SB the Indy defense rose to the challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »