Home

NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers (2) @ Atlanta Falcons (1)

This is a discussion on NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers (2) @ Atlanta Falcons (1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers (2) @ Atlanta Falcons (1)

The way Atlanta handled the 4th quarter yesterday gives me little faith in them being able to beat San Francisco. If Kaepernick balls out the way he did against Green Bay, forget about it. No chance.

Matt Ryan cannot afford to turn the ball over the way he did yesterday either. I think Atlanta needs to play near flawless football in order to win.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #34
Banned

I think the 9ers get the win, 34-21.

If Kaep can run like that in SF, imagine what he can do on the faster indoor turf.....

And ATL's defense didn't show me much yesterday; SEA was seemingly able to go up and down the field almost at will.

They'll probably shut down/limit Gore, but that still leaves Kaep and his legs and pretty good arm.

Will it be dubbed the Har-Bowl? I dunno. But I think at least this Harbaugh will advance...
Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
The way Atlanta handled the 4th quarter yesterday gives me little faith in them being able to beat San Francisco. If Kaepernick balls out the way he did against Green Bay, forget about it. No chance.

Matt Ryan cannot afford to turn the ball over the way he did yesterday either. I think Atlanta needs to play near flawless football in order to win.
I really don't think they need to be flawless at all. I think it really falls on your first point... Kaepernick goes nuts again and I don't see ATL having much of a chance. They contain him and I give them the edge.

Turnovers would be bad either way, but are probably likely on both sides... I'd say 2 each.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
What exactly is the definition of a choker? More specifically, how can a team be classified as the "biggest"?

How does one "back into" a championship game? They got off to a lead big enough to put them in position to win... and they won. Maybe the thought is Seattle just gave them 20 points before deciding to play for real? Personally I see that they lost to other great teams. It's the playoffs... all these teams are extremely talented. There is no "The #1 seed should beat the #4 seed just bc" in the playoffs. San Fran is a fine choice to win this game, but nothing that's happened last year or the year before have anything to do with it. This year, the Falcons have only lost 3 games and play better at home than on the road. There are a bunch of other variables that can be added for or against them, but I don't really understand what you can put substantially behind "biggest chokers".
From reading the first few pages in the Atlanta/Seattle thread, I'd say they already exceeded everyone's expectations of them and anything else they do is basically a bonus.

Wouldn't call them the biggest chokers in the past 2 seasons either but I do know a few other teams that fit that description alot more than Atlanta does.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #37
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

I think the Niners win by 10+, but I'll be pulling hard for the Falcons.

**** Harbaugh.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
From reading the first few pages in the Atlanta/Seattle thread, I'd say they already exceeded everyone's expectations of them and anything else they do is basically a bonus.

Wouldn't call them the biggest chokers in the past 2 seasons either but I do know a few other teams that fit that description alot more than Atlanta does.
Haven't put too much thought into it but that's how I feel. That's why I'm curious what the criteria is for being a choker in this sense. Even if the Falcons had lost I don't think choker would be the appropriate word (I know some would disagree considering that insane comeback), but since they won I don't think it fits at all. If you look at the games they've lost in the playoffs, I don't see the choking.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

To Atlanta's credit the last 3 playoff appearances were cut short by the eventual Super Bowl Champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I really don't think they need to be flawless at all. I think it really falls on your first point... Kaepernick goes nuts again and I don't see ATL having much of a chance. They contain him and I give them the edge.

Turnovers would be bad either way, but are probably likely on both sides... I'd say 2 each.
Maybe Atlanta's history of coming up small in big games makes me feel this way. I have a hard time having faith in them being able to recover from mistakes. Just my perception of them I guess.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #40
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

If you're going where I think you're going with that Pack, we can take it to the street bro!! haha kidding of course.

I have very little faith in Atlanta as well though. They're the other half of my Super Bowl prediction at work so I pray I'm wrong, but yesterday did not encourage me at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »