Home

Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens

This is a discussion on Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #65
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens

Yes! My preseason prediction came true! Couldn't find the predictions thread to prove it though. Anyway, I really want the Ravens to win. Ray Lewis will be playing his last game and this is the perfect way to end. The Niners have enough talent to be back again, so I'm not worried about them. Score to come next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #66
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
I hope the Ravens win big. I know I'm technically supposed to hate them, but all the Orioles players are supporting them and I have to go with the Baltimore connection.
You are nothing to me now. Not a Browns fan. You never take sides against the Browns.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #67
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
You are nothing to me now. Not a Browns fan. You never take sides against the Browns.
The Ravens showed the Orioles a lot of love this past season so it's only right to return the favor.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #68
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm so proud of the Ravens. Ray Lewis was hurt most of the season, announces he's going to retire, and the team has played some quality football this postseason. I'm really hoping the Ravens win. I'll be heartbroken if they don't.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2

There's nothing finer, than to be a Niner! Should be a great game.

As far as Ray Lewis goes. He's one of the greatest defensive players of all time and I respect him for that. The murder charge? I don't know what happened and that's between him and God.

But his whole religion schtick is getting really old. I respect he honors God, because I do to. But his act just comes off as fake and egotistical. When the rest of the Ravens were talking about the upcoming challenge with the Niners, he was feeding his ego talking about how it was meant to be because HE'S playing hurt, and it's HIS last ride, and God has a plan for HIM. I'm like dude get over yourself. Justin Smith hasn't even had surgery yet and he's out there playing. And I'm sure there are players on the Niners who worship God just as much, but they don't have to make it seem like God has anointed them Super Bowl champions. If anyone should be acting like that, it should be Tony Gonzalez. A HOF career with one playoff win is enough to make any man cry. Ray already has his ring, so quit with this act.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #70
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
The Ravens showed the Orioles a lot of love this past season so it's only right to return the favor.
Nothing will happen to you while Bernie Kosar is alive. You are not a brother, you are not a friend, you are not a Browns Backer.

You are nothing to me now. If you are going to attend a Browns game, I will need a week's notice so I do not see you there.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #71
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

What Atlanta did against San Fran's read option is very similar to what Baltimore did when they played Washington. They limited the QB runs, but Baltimore got gashed by Alfred Morris (23 car 129 yds 1 TD 5.5 avg.). Paul Kruger basically ran right at RGIII every play. So I would expect to see San Fran's RBs be able to have similar success that they had vs Atlanta, if Baltimore isn't more stout in the middle.

I will be looking at some other stuff in the all-22, but watching the game, Atlanta defended Kapernick the same way Baltimore defended RGIII and in both games that running backs had huge games. There is something to the read option when the QB is a real running threat. (ie Not RGIII after the injury.)

Probably look at the 49ers vs Giants game as they are a team that is similar to Baltimore offensively, but it was Smith's 3 ints that changed that game. Still to early to pick a winner yet.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
There's nothing finer, than to be a Niner! Should be a great game.

As far as Ray Lewis goes. He's one of the greatest defensive players of all time and I respect him for that. The murder charge? I don't know what happened and that's between him and God.

But his whole religion schtick is getting really old. I respect he honors God, because I do to. But his act just comes off as fake and egotistical. When the rest of the Ravens were talking about the upcoming challenge with the Niners, he was feeding his ego talking about how it was meant to be because HE'S playing hurt, and it's HIS last ride, and God has a plan for HIM. I'm like dude get over yourself. Justin Smith hasn't even had surgery yet and he's out there playing. And I'm sure there are players on the Niners who worship God just as much, but they don't have to make it seem like God has anointed them Super Bowl champions. If anyone should be acting like that, it should be Tony Gonzalez. A HOF career with one playoff win is enough to make any man cry. Ray already has his ring, so quit with this act.
There are and were a lot of players that pay their respect. Reggie White and the list goes on and on. It's not about being egotistical, either.

Plus, that is a taboo subject here, so, it's best to just drop that angle from here on out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »