Home

Who Has A Better Career. Randy Moss or Ray Lewis..?

This is a discussion on Who Has A Better Career. Randy Moss or Ray Lewis..? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Who Has A Better Career. Randy Moss or Ray Lewis..?

Lewis, if for no other reason than the fact that he has never had a team decide that they would be better off without him.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
I remember when Moss was a rookie in the NFL. A lot of people were talking that he had the potential to be better than Jerry Rice.
Personally, I think Moss is a quitter when times get tough.
Ray Lewis is a Super Bowl MVP.
That's it in a nutshell, plus the fact that as great as Moss was, he was weak against double teams.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #19
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Ray Lewis, no question.

Randy Moss has had a great career, but he is NOT the greatest receiver of all-time. He definitely could have been, though.

You guys have to remember, Jerry Rice had 2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks throwing to him while he was a Niner. Moss only had Tom Brady when Moss was out of his prime. I wouldn't really consider Daunte Culpepper a hall of famer. But that's a different discussion altogether.

Ray Lewis has been the leader of nearly every team he's ever been on. His poise, confidence, and leadership are probably the best we'll ever see in the NFL. Not to mention he was a hell of a linebacker, one of the best middle 'backers ever.

So, Ray Lewis > Randy Moss. Weird comparison though.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Ray Lewis is one of the best linebackers we've ever seen.

Randy Moss is one of the best receivers we've ever seen.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I wanna hear someone make the case for Randy Moss having the better career. It wouldn't be as strong as the case for Ray(which is who I'd choose without thinking twice)but I'd love to hear a case get made for Moss taking everything(on the field)for both players into consideration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

Ray lewis all the way
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #23
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I wanna hear someone make the case for Randy Moss having the better career. It wouldn't be as strong as the case for Ray(which is who I'd choose without thinking twice)but I'd love to hear a case get made for Moss taking everything(on the field)for both players into consideration.
I would say Ray Ray myself, but the ONLY viable case I could see for Moss over Ray would be this:

Ray was (sounds weird to refer to him in past tense now) a great player, and he would be a hall of famer with or without, but he greatly benefited from having beef eaters up from to keep lineman off of him. I really honestly feel Ngata played a big part in his production in his later years. Ray was really good at getting off blocks, but you had a chance to shut him down.

When Randy Moss had his give a **** working, there was no shutting him down. I saw the argument that the only really good QB he ever played with was Brady, but honestly Culpepper was a better QB for young Moss then Brady ever would have been. Culpepper was really good at just throwing the ball as far as he could. Randy Moss was the best we have ever seen at blowing by his corner and a deep safety and catching the ball 5 yards behind the defense. Throw it up deep and let him go get it. Moss was the best ever at doing that.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
I would say Ray Ray myself, but the ONLY viable case I could see for Moss over Ray would be this:

Ray was (sounds weird to refer to him in past tense now) a great player, and he would be a hall of famer with or without, but he greatly benefited from having beef eaters up from to keep lineman off of him. I really honestly feel Ngata played a big part in his production in his later years. Ray was really good at getting off blocks, but you had a chance to shut him down.

When Randy Moss had his give a **** working, there was no shutting him down. I saw the argument that the only really good QB he ever played with was Brady, but honestly Culpepper was a better QB for young Moss then Brady ever would have been. Culpepper was really good at just throwing the ball as far as he could. Randy Moss was the best we have ever seen at blowing by his corner and a deep safety and catching the ball 5 yards behind the defense. Throw it up deep and let him go get it. Moss was the best ever at doing that.
I guess if we're ignoring two superbowl rings and a superbowl MVP (from a defensive position no less). I know you're just trying to find some case to make for Moss, but it really isn't possible imo bc at some point the performance in the games on the highest level has to come into the discussion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »