Home

Upcoming Rule Changes...

This is a discussion on Upcoming Rule Changes... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Upcoming Rule Changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yes they do. Defenders are constantly getting called for leading with their helmet when the ball carrier ducks their head.
No, they don't. People complain in threads left and right about it, but it's not against the rules for defenders to lead with their helmet when tackling a runner. You, of all people, should know this after all the talk when Pierre Thomas got trucked in the playoffs against the 9ers last year.

See McGahee getting his bell rung when the Ravens played the Steelers a few years ago for another example.

It's only illegal to lead with your helmet on a defenseless receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

So can runners not lower their helmets to fight for extra yards?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
So can runners not lower their helmets to fight for extra yards?
Sure they can, as long as they don't nail someone with the crown of their helmet.

All bets are still off in short yardage situations within the tackle box though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Sure they can, as long as they don't nail someone with the crown of their helmet.

All bets are still off in short yardage situations within the tackle box though.

But what if its like the Rice 4th a 26? after running for 24 yards is he not allowed to duck to squeeze out the last two yards if a defender is attempting to tackle him short from a head on position?

And cant a defender attack with the crown of his helmet and de cleat Rice if he were not allowed to brace himself? This rule makes no sense to me. From my understanding defenders can use the crown on defense-full(?) runners.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
But what if its like the Rice 4th a 26? after running for 24 yards is he not allowed to duck to squeeze out the last two yards if a defender is attempting to tackle him short from a head on position?

And cant a defender attack with the crown of his helmet and de cleat Rice if he were not allowed to brace himself? This rule makes no sense to me. From my understanding defenders can use the crown on defense-full(?) runners.
If it means putting the crown of your helmet on another player to deliver a hit then it would be a 15 yard penalty.

RBs don't typically go through people, they take an angle to try and force a glancing hit so they can keep running.

I'm not really understanding the confusion.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #30
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

This rule is bull s***.....and Ive just about had it.People can try an rationalize it all they want but it still boils down to the NFL Office trying to legislate violence and physical battle out of the game....

Theres a reason not all athletes play the game of football.....not only do you have to be extremely athletic and strong, but you also have to be able/willing to put your body through the grinder.

And make no mistake about it....The NFL owners don't really give a **** about player safety.....These absurd rule changes are all part of their plan to protect themselves in a lawsuit and turn the fans against the former players at the same time..

The game of football is getting caught up and ruined by the NFL's Owners and former players war for more money

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 03-19-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
This rule proposal is for defenders as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
This rule proposal is for defenders as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »