Home

Who will get a team first? LA or London?

This is a discussion on Who will get a team first? LA or London? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Who will get a team first? LA or London?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
Do you know what the definition of an employee is? I want to make sure you know what the definition is before I address the rest of your post. An employee is a general word that can attributable to an NFL player, construction worker, and workers in many other professions.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/employee?s=t

I agree with the notion that most NFL players take a lot more bodily punishment than most other professions, but they will take physical punishment whether there in the United States or ten-plus hours away in London.

Also, the NFL or the NFL team that would move to London would certainly lay down the framework in regards to available practice facilities, rehabilitation centers, etc.

I guess the structure of the NFL regular season will maybe change eventually if travel lag and other travel related issues are a big roadblock towards an NFL team being in London. I honestly don't know much about travel lag and some other possible travel issues. I personally haven't traveled out of the U.S. since 2004.

At the end of the day, I'm just trying state my opinion on why the NFL feels moving a team to London is a possible option.

I don't see any good reason why I should stop responding to your posts if you're going to be so argumentative. How about I stop being argumentative towards you and you stop being argumentative towards me. And Let's just see how this NFL team in London issue shakes out. Deal?
I'm not being argumentative, I'm having a discussion, on the internet, it's not meant to ruffle feathers, it's how this thing works.

You ignored my previous response to you which was why I said I wouldn't be surprised if you ignored this last one.

Based on your response though I can see that it is not worthwhile to go any further, you still haven't been able to understand my point or even address it and instead ramble on about others things that I don't even disagree with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #26
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerFan1983
LA because of the fact that they are the largest market without a team right now. They need to just have the Rams move back there and call it a day on that.

London doesn't make sense for the NFL at all.
Leave the Rams alone. We have already lost one NFL team in St. Louis. If we lose another we are done as an NFL city. Be glad your city never has to go through it.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 06-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
LA, Toronto, Mexico City, all way before London. Just don't see how it works logistically.
I think Mexico City is a franchise waiting to happen as well.

As long as we're talking expansion, I KNOW all the other reasons why it'd suck/not work but logistically you would expand 8 teams so that the divisions stay equal.

Name the 8 cities and what division they belong in.

I got...

South- Mexico City and Oklahoma City
West- LA and San Antonio
North-Toronto and Omaha
East- Norfolk and stuck on another east candidate (And NOT London)
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 55

Now you want to expand to forty teams?

Kill me now.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Now you want to expand to forty teams?

Kill me now.
Reading is fundamental.

I put in the post I know it would suck/not work. but you know if they expand that would be the goal....to even all the divisions out again, so yeah, they would add 8 more teams eventually.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not being argumentative, I'm having a discussion, on the internet, it's not meant to ruffle feathers, it's how this thing works.

You ignored my previous response to you which was why I said I wouldn't be surprised if you ignored this last one.

Based on your response though I can see that it is not worthwhile to go any further, you still haven't been able to understand my point or even address it and instead ramble on about others things that I don't even disagree with.
You don't seem to know all the possible meanings of the words argument and argumentative. What I said about you and I being argumentative is accurate, based on what I've seen; you're just interpreting the word, argumentative, the wrong way.

I now have a better understanding of the point you have made about travel/jet lag; it can have a negative impact on the body clock, cognitive functions, Physical fatigue, etc. I believe the problem of travel lag or jet lag is valid concern for you to have.

At any rate, I'm sure the NFL will continue to investigate a range of possible issues before any decision is reached on a possible team move to London.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
You don't seem to know all the possible meanings of the words argument and argumentative. What I said about you and I being argumentative is accurate, based on what I've seen; you're just interpreting the word, argumentative, the wrong way.

I now have a better understanding of the point you have made about travel/jet lag; it can have a negative impact on the body clock, cognitive functions, Physical fatigue, etc. I believe the problem of travel lag or jet lag is valid concern for you to have.

At any rate, I'm sure the NFL will continue to investigate a range of possible issues before any decision is reached on a possible team move to London.
You need to get off your high horse with all of this "do you know the meaning of" crap. I stated the issues with jet lag and you didn't even reply to my post. It's no big deal but coming in with condescending tones like you are when you were clearly wrong (and admitting so now) just makes you look bad.

More importantly, you're hanging onto this personal attack for some reason and it's time to let it go. We all know the NFL wants to put a team in London. We all know why. The discussion has been about whether or not we think it's a good idea, why and if we think it will happen. Any other talk, including turning this place into dictionary.com, will be considered trolling and against the TOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You need to get off your high horse with all of this "do you know the meaning of" crap. I stated the issues with jet lag and you didn't even reply to my post. It's no big deal but coming in with condescending tones like you are when you were clearly wrong (and admitting so now) just makes you look bad.

More importantly, you're hanging onto this personal attack for some reason and it's time to let it go. We all know the NFL wants to put a team in London. We all know why. The discussion has been about whether or not we think it's a good idea, why and if we think it will happen. Any other talk, including turning this place into dictionary.com, will be considered trolling and against the TOS.
I just wanted to inform "kehlis" on what I feel the correct definition of the word argumentative is, nothing more, nothing less.

If I was communicating in a condescending tone, then you're also communicating in a condescending tone in this quote.

And I can also mention that kehlis was "clearly wrong" in interpreting a previous word I used that makes him look bad. We all make mistakes every now and again. We don't have to make a mistake seem worse than it already is.

I'm sorry if you (or anybody else) got offended by what I said.

I am certainly done posting in this thread. I've already posted more posts than I should of posted - considering what you've said.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 06-07-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: I've added more to my response.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »