Home

QBs today: Overrated? Overpaid?

This is a discussion on QBs today: Overrated? Overpaid? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #41

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: QBs today: Overrated? Overpaid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Just like your point of view. It works both ways, bud.
How is posting stats just a point of view?

Please explain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #42
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
This isn't CFB, the Pats would have been a playoff caliber team no matter the division.
That's my point! They might've been a win or two worse, but considering they routinely win 12 games a year, that's still good enough for a playoff spot if not a division.

You have to realize that if the Patriots were in the AFC North, maybe we wouldn't think as highly of PIT/BAL because they'd be facing that stiffer competition. It goes both ways.

The pass interference thing is so overblown. Is it hard to play legal defense now? Of course. Is it impossible? No. The hyperbole thrown around here sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #43
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
That's my point! They might've been a win or two worse, but considering they routinely win 12 games a year, that's still good enough for a playoff spot if not a division.

You have to realize that if the Patriots were in the AFC North, maybe we wouldn't think as highly of PIT/BAL because they'd be facing that stiffer competition. It goes both ways.

The pass interference thing is so overblown. Is it hard to play legal defense now? Of course. Is it impossible? No. The hyperbole thrown around here sometimes...
Do you guys not watch football?

The NFC East. Four teams, four contenders. Since 2003 every team has won the division at least twice except for Washington. That is a tough division. They beat each other up every year. There is no one in the AFC East except for NE. In that same time period only one team not in NE has won the AFC East, the Fins.

The East is garbage, and the Pats have prospered as a result.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

The NFC East. Four teams, four contenders. Since 2003 every team has won the division at least twice except for Washington. That is a tough division. They beat each other up every year. There is no one in the AFC East except for NE. In that same time period only one team not in NE has won the AFC East, the Fins.

Yes please tell us how you are so much more knowledgable than the rest of us.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #45
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
I mean yeah sure it's helped their record some, but it's not like they've just narrowly made the playoffs often. If you think they aren't a playoff contender in any other division then maybe you aren't a fan of the same game we watch. I mean it is only 6 games of their schedule and they are still professional football teams.

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 07-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

Quote:

I won't be immature and ask you a condescending question like do you watch football but I will say this:

Your original argument that if they were in the almighty AFC North, they would be in such a tougher division and struggle.

Combined record in the division over the last 5 years?

AFC North: 167-153

AFC East: 170-150

I guess you conveniently forgot about the years of ineptitude from the Browns and the Bengals which routinely resulted in at least 3 automatic wins for both the Ravens and the Steelers.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #47
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I won't be immature and ask you a condescending question like do you watch football but I will say this:
**I APOLOGIZE TO ALL**

You're right, I was out of line there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Your original argument that if they were in the almighty AFC North, they would be in such a tougher division and struggle.

Combined record in the division over the last 5 years?

AFC North: 167-153

AFC East: 170-150

I guess you conveniently forgot about the years of ineptitude from the Browns and the Bengals which routinely resulted in at least 3 automatic wins for both the Ravens and the Steelers.
Again with this records thing. When you combine records you muddle the issue because that's not how divisions are won. It's a mix of separate competing factors: overall record, division record, conference record, out of conference record and tie breakers. Simply looking at that one stat tells you nothing.

The correct barometer is division champions. As stated, since 2003 only the Fins have taken the title from NE. In the NFC North the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals have all won the division at least twice, and in one instance sent all three teams to the playoffs. That is the definition of a tough division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yes please tell us how you are so much more knowledgable than the rest of us.
It's your neckbeard. I have irrefutable statistical scientific evidence that neckbeards impair the flow of neurons to the information centers of the brain.

There's a whole masters thesis on the subject
Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #48

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Again with this records thing. When you combine records you muddle the issue because that's not how divisions are won. It's a mix of separate competing factors: overall record, division record, conference record, out of conference record and tie breakers. Simply looking at that one stat tells you nothing.

The correct barometer is division champions. As stated, since 2003 only the Fins have taken the title from NE. In the NFC North the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals have all won the division at least twice, and in one instance sent all three teams to the playoffs. That is the definition of a tough division.
Still not nearly as lopsided as you are making it out to be (number of teams to make the playoffs from each division:

2006:

East: 2
North: 1

2007:

East: 1
North: 1

East: 1 (one team in the east had the same record as a N team that made it)
North: 2

2009:

2010:

2011:

North: 3

2012:

So yes, the North is winning in this regard, but not nearly as much as you are attempting to prove.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »