Home

Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington

This is a discussion on Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington

Skins 37
Eagles 20

I think the Skins will handle business but like Rob.. What Kelly is bringing has be a bit twitchy.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #34
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I honestly don't know how good Fred Davis is. Because it always seems like it's something else every year.

Jason Reid did write a good piece about him in Thursday's Post if anybody didn't check that out.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #35
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
An entire post with no real response to what I said. If I read something that basically says they're forming their opinion based on stats when I know better, I'm going to ignore it. You can do whatever you want with it. I watched the games, I know what Davis did and then he got hurt. It's not an opinion. Plenty of sites said how much of a bum Aaron Rodgers was because he hadn't started yet and dropped in the draft too. There's also a commercial about a girl that met a french model on the internet.

By the way, I wasn't the one who compared him to Maclin. But the comparison was saying that Maclin was a bum after this year. If we look at Maclin's stats after this year we can say he was garbage because he didn't catch anything. It's an extreme comparison but the point is it's a silly analysis... that's what you're doing with Davis. Even if it's said that he played in 7 games, he wasn't anywhere near healthy for most of last season.
Because you didn't say anything worth responding to. Your points are well taken but what I am supposed to say to someone who says, "take the word of those who watched him?" Should I say "OK" or try to move the discussion along? I chose the latter.

The problem is that CBS Sports is a bit more highly regarded for its opinion than the musings of a guy on message board. I'll take their word for it.

The Maclin comparison is pointless. He will have no record of playing in the NFL this year, unlike Davis in 2012. Davis' 2012 speaks for itself. Maclin missing a whole year with no game action vs. playing mediocre football for half a year is not even close to the same. If you're hurt but still play, you can't use the "I'm hurt" card to justify any poor play on your part. You dressed, so your performance will be judged as though you were healthy....since you obviously were healthy enough to play. If you play like crap, that's your fault for playing hurt and hurting your team.

So he led the team in receiving...big whoop. Garcon was hurt or he clearly would have led.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Projecting stats is a bit inherently flawed, but Fred Davis' 2012 receiving stats projected over 16 games put him at 55 catches and 742 yards. That would have been good for seventh-best among tight ends, yards-wise. He's a fine player when healthy, though I think it's fair to question exactly how good he actually is because of just that, he hasn't been healthy.

As to the game: I don't trust Michael Vick. I never have, I never will. Washington takes this one, IMO.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #37
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

PPM said it best. Davis has flashed a skill set that could make him a top TE, but he's been slowed by injuries, suspensions, god awful offenses and underperforming QBs.

As a self admitted skins homer at times I hope this year he puts it all together and has an all-pro season. If not Reed is a guy the coaches love.

That said he should have a big game Monday with LBs focused on the run and Garçon and Robinson threatening the Eagles deep, the intermediate middle should be open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #38
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

So much about chip kelly's offense and how effective it will be. I see the skins playing ball control, dominating the TOP. The emotion and energy in that Stadium is going to be insane. I hate making predictions, I'm just ready.

Also, keep an eye on the Redskins rookie secondary, they could make or break this game. Jordan Reed, rookie TE, I think he will be utilized heavy tonight.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #39
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

With their fast tempo, if the Eagles have a lot of three and outs, their defense could be gassed late in the game. Ground and pound tonight.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #40
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
So much about chip kelly's offense and how effective it will be. I see the skins playing ball control, dominating the TOP. The emotion and energy in that Stadium is going to be insane. I hate making predictions, I'm just ready.

Also, keep an eye on the Redskins rookie secondary, they could make or break this game. Jordan Reed, rookie TE, I think he will be utilized heavy tonight.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
We all know how the Eagles are going to open the game.

Its not a bad decision to try that again. I mean you will have a rookie in Rambo back there and the other safety position will either be Brandon Merriweather who has been battling a groin injury and is coming back from an ACL or Reed Doughty who isn't anywhere near as fast as DJax.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »