Home

Week 4: Baltimore Ravens (2-1) @ Buffalo Bills (1-2)

This is a discussion on Week 4: Baltimore Ravens (2-1) @ Buffalo Bills (1-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 4: Baltimore Ravens (2-1) @ Buffalo Bills (1-2)

I like the write ups, but I also don't really want to do one... sorry. I'll do like LBz and add some things to think about from the Ravens side though.

Last week was a HUGE win considering the Texans are considered one of the better teams in the AFC. But there was a lot of luck involved. I think the D played great and won't make it easy for a rookie QB but if the Bills find a way to get a lead of more than one TD, last week doesn't give a good feeling for the Ravens offense doing what it'd need to do.

Pierce was okay but it was clear why he's the backup RB. I doubt Rice plays this week so the running game may again be non-existent. Clark has been a little better but Smith and Brown will need to get open for the offense to get any kind of decent rhythm. I honestly don't see a close win for Baltimore here. Either they will win by a decent margin or the Bills will win a close upset.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

That BAL win last week totally has me so confuse on the Ravens. I thought they were headed down Super Bowl Hangover Lane, then they crush the Texans and I'm not sure where they stand.

I hope they beat themselves.

I wish we had Gilmore in the secondary. It's crazy that he played really well as a rookie and now we have to talk of him like he's the savior because our DB's are a bunch of no names. He could just have had one decent season for all we know.

That said, please come back Gilmore.

I just want to see some offensive progress. Last week we continually got set up by penalties or great defensive play and only managed 20 points. Embarrassing, really. Lets see how Manuel & Co. rebound from a lackluster game. Could be telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Honestly, with the injuries on the defensive side of the ball this game could get really ugly. The only way the Bills stay close is if they can get a consistent run game going and work the clock.

I'm hoping for a close one but I could just as easily see the Bills lose by 10 or more.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Our defense dominated the Texans throughout the game. With Spiller shaky and Manuel rattled I'd be surprised if we lost this game.

Of course I never saw Indy dominate the 49ers at Frisco.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

EJ will have bad games I'm more worried about our offensive line than anything. I think buffalo is going to be a home team this year. I'm taking them by a touchdown.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
EJ will have bad games I'm more worried about our offensive line than anything. I think buffalo is going to be a home team this year. I'm taking them by a touchdown.
That was an impressive game winning drive EJ had against Carolina and he almost beat NE.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I like the write ups, but I also don't really want to do one... sorry. I'll do like LBz and add some things to think about from the Ravens side though.

Last week was a HUGE win considering the Texans are considered one of the better teams in the AFC. But there was a lot of luck involved. I think the D played great and won't make it easy for a rookie QB but if the Bills find a way to get a lead of more than one TD, last week doesn't give a good feeling for the Ravens offense doing what it'd need to do.

Pierce was okay but it was clear why he's the backup RB. I doubt Rice plays this week so the running game may again be non-existent. Clark has been a little better but Smith and Brown will need to get open for the offense to get any kind of decent rhythm. I honestly don't see a close win for Baltimore here. Either they will win by a decent margin or the Bills will win a close upset.
I would argue that that game was not an indictment of Pierce moreso as it is the offensive line. Even Rice has been struggling. The development of the O line is behind in terms of the run blocking scheme. The offense is still trying to figure itself out. The defense is getting their feet under them and hopefully they are starting to establish themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
That BAL win last week totally has me so confuse on the Ravens. I thought they were headed down Super Bowl Hangover Lane, then they crush the Texans and I'm not sure where they stand.

I hope they beat themselves.

I wish we had Gilmore in the secondary. It's crazy that he played really well as a rookie and now we have to talk of him like he's the savior because our DB's are a bunch of no names. He could just have had one decent season for all we know.

That said, please come back Gilmore.

I just want to see some offensive progress. Last week we continually got set up by penalties or great defensive play and only managed 20 points. Embarrassing, really. Lets see how Manuel & Co. rebound from a lackluster game. Could be telling.
The Ravens just need time to gel. They are still putting pieces together, in particular on offense. I just hope we keep winning ugly until the offense gets together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »