Home

Is Adrian Peterson the best NFL RB of all time?

This is a discussion on Is Adrian Peterson the best NFL RB of all time? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is adrian peterson the best RB in NFL histroy?
Yes 1 2.78%
no 21 58.33%
no but he could be the best by the time he is done playing. 14 38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Is Adrian Peterson the best NFL RB of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I dont regret that you spend more time lurking than posting.
LOL. So you've read a couple of my posts (not even thoroughly), told me to stop worrying about what other people are saying. Then you continue to worry/get upset about what I am saying.

You should take your own advice.

I should have known better. I'll find the exit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #26
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exogenesis33
Thanks for taking the time to post in an "utterly useless" and "stupid" thread, LOL. Your words, not mine. These self righteousness types of posts are why I usually just browse around here rather than get involved. Why can't you just let the discussion take it's course? It seems to really have bothered you...

It's easy, buddy. If you don't like the thread, stay out. If a mod decides to close it, cool. Until then, let us discuss this if we choose to. I came in here to post my thoughts on this question, because it's something I think abut often. Then I gotta deal with reading the "this thread is stupid" crap.

It's not a big deal. Although I think the OP could have stated the question better by asking "Could AP potentially be the best ever". Obviously, he's not yet because he's still in the midst of his career.
Welp. See. I was content on staying out of this thread. I really was. Usually if I agree with an opinion, I hit the "like" button. That's what it's there for. What I don't like, is someone getting their panties in a bunch and seemingly calling others to task...for no reason. They said No. Reasons were obvious to anyone who has debated in similar threads before. The same points get brought up. This is Operation Sports. We've ALL been in similar threads like these before.

As far as my comments go, it was pretty benign. I didn't call the poster stupid. I said the thread was stupid. Why is it stupid? Because we already have a similar thread. Maybe he didn't know that? Cool, that's fine. This doesn't change the fact the thread is still pointless.

Also, if anyone was being self-righteous it was yourself earlier. You didn't have to do what you did. But no, you wanted to get on your soapbox about "blue names" and how they're adding nothing to the discussion. You didn't even have to say "blue-names". That implies that you think blue names are insufferable know-it-alls. Hey Hey Hey. Don't use the argument that it was obvious you were just addressing those two. You mean...just like the points I made? You don't say.....

Also, what discussion is there to be had? The question was "Is Adrian Peterson the best NFL RB of all time?". Not "Is Adrian Peterson the best runningback this past decade?" Not even "Is Adrian Peterson the best runningback out of his draft class?". If a "No" was said then, then I could see where you're coming from because parameters were set. Again, no parameters were set. Just a blanket "Is he the BEST OF ALL TIME?" question.

You know what, I could do you one better. You know what would have been a better thread? Same thing, the player in question is still playing, and even at a high level. He has accomplishments. He has the stats. He even has the longevity. You know the thread/question I wouldn't have a problem with? Is Peyton Manning the best QB of all time?. THAT. Would have been a great discussion.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I think emite smith is the most overatied RB ever
Interesting...who did he play for? Was he related to Emmitt Smith?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
LOL. So you've read a couple of my posts (not even thoroughly), told me to stop worrying about what other people are saying. Then you continue to worry/get upset about what I am saying.

You should take your own advice.

I should have known better. I'll find the exit.
So when do you plan on talking about Adrian Peterson?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
I have a hard time arguing for or against this because comparing players from different eras is nearly impossible. You have to realize that today's game, with the advancements in workout routines, supplements (legal and or not), and even the evolution of the game itself, has brought on a whole new level of competition.

I truly believe that today's players are faster, stronger, and more explosive than they were 20-30 years ago, even 10-15 years ago. I mean, shouldn't they be? The speed of the game is faster now. Hits are harder. Along with the popularity of football increasing, this heats up competition and it breeds better players.

The truth is, the only way this question could ever be proved would be to build a time machine, and import/export players to different times.

Also, the age thing and being too "young" to understand is irrelevant with the technology we have now such as youtube/NFL channel/etc. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they can't/don't understand the history of the game.

With that said, I do think that physically, Peterson is one of the most gifted and dynamic running backs that I've ever seen, and he certainly has a chance at being considered one of the best ever. But, it's a never ending discussion that will not reach a resolution because there are just too many variables.
King, I already did.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
King, I already did.
Your argument is that he is one of the best athletes to play the spot. But admit that its hard to compare to the history of the game due to variables. Others stated that he isnt the best ever. I missed what part of that warranted a ranting on the entire website.

And to be on topic, I dont think Peterson is the greatest running back of all time because his career is not over and it doesnt measure up to what has been done in the past. One day his accomplishments may measure up.

But you have to understand this conversation has happened ad nauseam thus the abrupt responses you got agitated over.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 09-29-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: ad nauseam, not as...
Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:

With that said, I do think that physically, Peterson is one of the most gifted and dynamic running backs that I've ever seen, and he certainly has a chance at being considered one of the best ever. But, it's a never ending discussion that will not reach a resolution because there are just too many variables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Your argument is that he is one of the best athletes to play the spot. But admit that its hard to compare to the history of the game due to variables. Others stated that he isnt the best ever. I missed what part of that warranted a ranting on the entire website.

And to be on topic, I dont think Peterson is the greatest running back of all time because his career is not over and it doesnt measure up to what has been done in the past. One day his accomplishments may measure up.

But you have to understand this conversation has happened as nauseam thus the abrupt responses you got agitated over.
So after all that, we agree.

Last edited by Exogenesis33; 09-29-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #32
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
This is not a stupid question at all and it is not completely true that he dosnt have the achivemets or stats. He has won comeback player of the year MVP sever bowl balls and he is at 34 all time in rushing yards and could get to around 18 all time by the end of the year and he has 80 rushing tuchdowns so far and he has the second most yards in a season in NFL history and most rushing yards in a game record so he has already done a lot and he came back form a broken collar bone and a ACL and yeah his career isn't over witch is why i put the poll option that he could be the best because he just donsnt have the longevity to be the best yet but he isn't done yet though so saying no means you don't think he could be the best that is why i put the no but could be that means that he has the protectial to be the best when he is don't. So yeah it is not pointless what the guy before him said about him before that was right on point.
You know what? Perhaps stupid was harsh. I take that back. Let me play the stats game real quick.

RB A: 9130 Rushing Yards. 5.0 YPC. 79 Rushing TD's. 84 Total TD's.
RB B: 12,279 Rushing Yards. 4.3 YPC. 100 Rushing TD's. 136 Total TD's.
RB C: 16,726 Rushing Yards. 4.4 YPC. 110 Rushing TD's. 125 Total TD's.
RB D: 13,684 Rushing Yards. 4.3 YPC. 145 Rushing TD's. 162 Total TD's.

Runningback A: Adrian Peterson
Runningback B: Marshall Faulk
Runningback C: Walter Payton
Runningback D: Ladainian Tomlinson

You make the argument that Adrian Peterson is the better runningback. This is not even factoring in the all-purpose yards or receptions that Walter, Faulk, and LT have in comparison. I'll wait.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »