Home

Which 4-0 is more impressive?

This is a discussion on Which 4-0 is more impressive? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
Rookie

MasterShadic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which 4-0 is more impressive?

KC is certainly the most surprising, but if Miami wins tonight then I think theirs will be the most impressive. Tannehill looks good, and they would have beaten three of the top teams in the NFL(although the Falcons don't look so hot right now). I expected the Broncos to be this good, and the Patriots are barely scraping by when they win.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShadic
KC is certainly the most surprising, but if Miami wins tonight then I think theirs will be the most impressive. Tannehill looks good, and they would have beaten three of the top teams in the NFL(although the Falcons don't look so hot right now). I expected the Broncos to be this good, and the Patriots are barely scraping by when they win.
I wanted to wait until after tonight but yeah if the Dolphins can pull off a win tonight they will climb right up towards being one of the more impressive 4-0 teams.

Beating Indy on the road, Atlanta on a final second drive, and New Orleans in that Dome would be a collection of three very impressive wins.. especially for a team that no one expected to be undefeated at this point.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Kansas City.

Playing tough defense and not turning it over on offense (along with good special teams play) wins games.
Yeah, on second thought, I'll actually go with KC here.

The Broncos have played amazing football, but I honestly expected them to play at that level. A 13-3 team QBed by Peyton Manning that adds Wes Welker is going to score points and win games.

A historically bad team the year before (KC) starting 4-0 is really mind-impressing and something I never expected.

Last edited by Chip Douglass; 10-10-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
It's a toss up between Denver (killing everything in sight) and KC (who everyone thought was still in rebuild mode) and the least impressive is probably New England for the fact that they've been just good enough to win but could easily be 2-2 at this point in time.

I will give Brady credit though, this is his best "carry the team on my shoulders" job since the early days of the Patriots run but I can see this team slipping at some point or if they make the playoffs they'll be one and done.
I think the defense has carried them more than Brady personally, but to each their own. I think Brady's seasons of breaking records while his defense was among the worst ever was more of him carrying them than this.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

didnt kc have 3 of their top players on ir last season?

i think they definitely have more talent then miami or new england
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
if it was a manning vs brady thread i would have asked if these guys switched teams would the records still be the same?

i guess i should have wrote more clearer. What is more impressive to you annihilating people with team stacked full of talent or winning with a bunch of random guys to both be 4-0?
Either way, don't take my last post as saying you shouldn't discuss this comparison. But if that's all you want to talk about, it probably doesn't need a full thread bc it would turn into a Manning vs Brady thread. Hopefully you agree that it's good to talk about the other teams along with your initial intent (good discussions going on in here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
didnt kc have 3 of their top players on ir last season?

i think they definitely have more talent then miami or new england
They had a ton of injuries to great players, and brought in a new coach and QB. I did think they would be a playoff contender this year but having this level of success this early, with all these moving parts (even those guys coming back) is pretty impressive. With that said, after considering some recent posts, I may change my vote to Miami if they win tonight.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

The two most impressive 4-0 teams to me are Seattle and Denver, also my SB pick. They are flat out demolishing their opponents, except Seattle when they play at 1 EST. If the Seahawks can fix that, they'll be unstoppable.
Two most surprising 4-0 teams are the Patriots and the Dolphins if they win tonight. Pats are the luckiest team on the face of the earth. They should really be 1-3 right now, but Brady makes it happen somehow.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Impressive as "dominating"? By far the Broncos. Hands down the best team in the NFL, end of story.

Impressive as in "unexpected"? Chiefs. I don't think anybody saw this coming. I think everybody knew Seattle would be legit again this year, but they were definitely on the ropes against Houston (same with New Orleans and Tampa)

The Patriots...come on. It's Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. That's the only combination deadlier than Brees/Payton.

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »