Home

Week 6: Green Bay Packers(2-2) @ Baltimore Ravens(3-2)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Green Bay Packers(2-2) @ Baltimore Ravens(3-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 6: Green Bay Packers(2-2) @ Baltimore Ravens(3-2)

Packers' Front 7(Mainly Mike Neal and Nick Perry) vs. Ravens' Run Game is a must watch matchup as our Run D has actually been very good this year, especially in limiting the big yardage plays on the ground.

The Offense on the other hand has been very inconsistent though by Packers Fan's Standards, including Mr. Rodgers in his last 2 games. I expect McCarthy to try and make this game a track meet with the first team to 31 winning.

Where's wwharton and LBz at though?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I don't care what any of the fans say. After today, I am convinced the Ravens need to be passing to set up the run. They need to get out of the I formation. That stuff is not working for them. Ray Rice is no longer the best player on offense. Torrey Smith is. For him to have 1 freaking catch on the day is a disgrace. They gotta start passing it and let that set up the run because the run first philosophy is over for them.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't care what any of the fans say. After today, I am convinced the Ravens need to be passing to set up the run. They need to get out of the I formation. That stuff is not working for them. Ray Rice is no longer the best player on offense. Torrey Smith is. For him to have 1 freaking catch on the day is a disgrace. They gotta start passing it and let that set up the run because the run first philosophy is over for them.
I agree. It worked for Lacy (3 WR sets), even when they were down Cobb and Jones.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not always so observant.

Last edited by JayBee74; 10-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Good game, Ravens fans.

Ugly game on both sides, just glad to get out of there.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I really cannot believe how terrible the Ravens offensive line is. I just want to know what Castillo taught/is teaching these guys? Every game we get the illegal hands to the face penalty. There is no push and there are no lanes on those zone run plays. For the pass blocking Gradkowski is in way over his head at times and the communication between him and Yanda is off. We do not seem to have any built in checks in the passing game against the blitz; not a lot of variety in the play calling. Both backs are dinged up. We need to get our two best players on offense in sync and build the game plan around them. Those two guys are Torrey Smith and Joe Flacco. I know some of the fans don't want to hear that but the OL run blocking is much worse than the pass blocking. Rice came into yesterday's game averaging 2.8 yards a carry and Pierce was no better. That aint even average.

Running the ball for the sake of running it and not being more creative with what we are doing given our weaknesses on the line is going to get us what we got yesterday, more often than not, which is a damn a$$ whipping where we come up short at the end. We just need to beat Pitt this coming weekend and make it to the bye week. Hopefully the rookie Ryan Jensen is healthy and is working in at Center because Gino Gradkowski is getting OWNED every game.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I really cannot believe how terrible the Ravens offensive line is. I just want to know what Castillo taught/is teaching these guys? Every game we get the illegal hands to the face penalty. There is no push and there are no lanes on those zone run plays. For the pass blocking Gradkowski is in way over his head at times and the communication between him and Yanda is off. We do not seem to have any built in checks in the passing game against the blitz; not a lot of variety in the play calling. Both backs are dinged up. We need to get our two best players on offense in sync and build the game plan around them. Those two guys are Torrey Smith and Joe Flacco. I know some of the fans don't want to hear that but the OL run blocking is much worse than the pass blocking. Rice came into yesterday's game averaging 2.8 yards a carry and Pierce was no better. That aint even average.

Running the ball for the sake of running it and not being more creative with what we are doing given our weaknesses on the line is going to get us what we got yesterday, more often than not, which is a damn a$$ whipping where we come up short at the end. We just need to beat Pitt this coming weekend and make it to the bye week. Hopefully the rookie Ryan Jensen is healthy and is working in at Center because Gino Gradkowski is getting OWNED every game.
The oline is just awful. Considering that, I kind of agree with you. I still don't like the thought of Flacco throwing the ball 50 times. Torrey isn't built like Megatron. As you mentioned, the pass blocking isn't much better, then add the shaky weapons out there catching passes. I don't think Rice is close to 100% either though, which also doesn't help.

Honestly, I think this team is just a mess on offense right now, hanging on by a thread. Hard to point a finger at one particular part of the O bc the collection is just making each other look bad.

Congrats Pack fans. PPM, sorry you couldn't make the game, man. It was a perfect day to be out there too.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Ravens defense is improved over last year. If they had an average offense they would be an above average team right now, but as it stands they are mediocre as they have a good defense and among the worst offenses in the league.

As far as I see it, the line is atrocious, particularly the center. This in combination with horrible run zone blocking schemes and overall poor play calling, is not helped by the fact that Flacco is a decent/good but not elite qb who is still way too inconsistent. It's hard to tell if Ray Rice is hurt or has hit a wall, but I think there's a bit of that in combination with the line. Also, the receivers still have too much of the dropsies and are not consistently getting open.

The Ravens are not getting the lucky moments that allowed them to win close games last year. As it stands, they have to figure these problems out if they want to make the playoffs this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
The Ravens defense is improved over last year. If they had an average offense they would be an above average team right now, but as it stands they are mediocre as they have a good defense and among the worst offenses in the league.

As far as I see it, the line is atrocious, particularly the center. This in combination with horrible run zone blocking schemes and overall poor play calling, is not helped by the fact that Flacco is a decent/good but not elite qb who is still way too inconsistent. It's hard to tell if Ray Rice is hurt or has hit a wall, but I think there's a bit of that in combination with the line. Also, the receivers still have too much of the dropsies and are not consistently getting open.

The Ravens are not getting the lucky moments that allowed them to win close games last year. As it stands, they have to figure these problems out if they want to make the playoffs this year.
Pretty decent summary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »