Home

Week 7: New England Patriots (5-1) @ New York Jets (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 7: New England Patriots (5-1) @ New York Jets (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 7: New England Patriots (5-1) @ New York Jets (3-3)

Deadspin has a screen grab of New England using the same illegal move on field goal attempt last week against New Orleans. Word is the Jets alerted officials of this before the game. Could be why Rex Ryan looked so sure the penalty was against the Pats.

I swear the Pats piss me off sometimes. Always looking for a loophole in a rule. If they're not doing that, they're looking for a way to save a buck.

Last edited by areobee401; 10-21-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #66
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I swear the Pats piss me off sometimes. Always looking for a loophole in a rule.
You probably are aware of this, but they aren't the only ones looking for a loophole in a rule. Hell, I'd be surprised if no team wasn't trying as well.

On an unrelated note, I will say that us Fans have a tendency to be hypocritical(not a shocker)because one moment we say, "Man they need to let these guys play and stop calling every single penalty"(especially if it involves our team that we root for)and another moment we say "They need to call that penalty", in which case it's directed towards the opposing team and sometimes for our own team. We need to make up our minds as to what kind of game we want to see, lol.

As for the rule, if the players brought it up originally then it obviously means they don't have a problem with this(I doubt this would be a small group of players making a case for this).
Old 10-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You probably are aware of this, but they aren't the only ones looking for a loophole in a rule. Hell, I'd be surprised if no team wasn't trying as well.
Yeah, no doubt. Them trying to get away with it on a 56 yard field goal attempt is what puzzles me. Anything to get an edge I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »