Home

Week 7: Cleveland Browns(3-3) @ Green Bay Packers(3-2)

This is a discussion on Week 7: Cleveland Browns(3-3) @ Green Bay Packers(3-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 7: Cleveland Browns(3-3) @ Green Bay Packers(3-2)

Finley lowered his head which is how the neck injuries usually happen. I feel for him and really hope he's okay but he may not have much of a career left.

With that said, I don't agree with the flag either. I also don't think that play gets called every time. It wasn't called when Pierre Thomas was knocked out by the 9ers a few years ago in the playoffs. They seem to find a reason to call it more when someone gets hurt which is BS. The defender didn't lead with his helmet, he aimed low and Finley ducked. Leading with his helmet is what Merriweather did... and does consistently. This was just an unfortunate football play.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #34

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Finley lowered his head which is how the neck injuries usually happen. I feel for him and really hope he's okay but he may not have much of a career left.

With that said, I don't agree with the flag either. I also don't think that play gets called every time. It wasn't called when Pierre Thomas was knocked out by the 9ers a few years ago in the playoffs. They seem to find a reason to call it more when someone gets hurt which is BS. The defender didn't lead with his helmet, he aimed low and Finley ducked. Leading with his helmet is what Merriweather did... and does consistently. This was just an unfortunate football play.
Yeah, reading my posts I forgot to add in the part of the injury. When someone gets injured on a play like that is when it gets called all the time. It's just a knee jerk reaction by the refs. They see a shot like that and nobody get up and they figure it was illegal.

Finley needs to stop lowering his head, but yeah... if he were to retire I wouldn't hold it against him. Dude's a huge part of our offense (or should be) but there comes a time when enough is enough. I think he should be done for the year, personally. At the very least.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Yeah, reading my posts I forgot to add in the part of the injury. When someone gets injured on a play like that is when it gets called all the time. It's just a knee jerk reaction by the refs. They see a shot like that and nobody get up and they figure it was illegal.

Finley needs to stop lowering his head, but yeah... if he were to retire I wouldn't hold it against him. Dude's a huge part of our offense (or should be) but there comes a time when enough is enough. I think he should be done for the year, personally. At the very least.
Pretty sure this is a neck/spine injury and not just a concussion... no way he should be back this year. He was finally putting it together too. Shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Guys, posted in the injury thread, but here's the latest, sounds ok.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Latest on #Packers TE Jermichael Finley: Source says he’ll likely leave ICU today. He’s walking, moving around, in good spirits.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #37
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Just shut him down for the year.

Obviously, the selfish side of me wants him to hurry up and recover and help the team. But HIS health comes first and with this type of injury and seeing how we've already had 2 players in the last 10 years careers get ended because of this(Terrance Murphy and Nick Collins)I would hope he or the team just goes ahead and shuts him down for the year.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Just shut him down for the year.

Obviously, the selfish side of me wants him to hurry up and recover and help the team. But HIS health comes first and with this type of injury and seeing how we've already had 2 players in the last 10 years careers get ended because of this(Terrance Murphy and Nick Collins)I would hope he or the team just goes ahead and shuts him down for the year.
Couldn't agree more, Pack.

Heard on TMJ that McCarthy didn't say he was out for the year like he did w/Nick Collins, but there is still swelling on the neck and they can't do anymore test until the swelling goes down.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 24

It's Jason Campbell time!!

(Ugh, the QB position really sucks in Cleveland)
Old 10-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #40
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
It's Jason Campbell time!!

(Ugh, the QB position really sucks in Cleveland)
I wish it was Campbell time, haven't seen anything said they're benching Weeden though.

Campbell is far better than Weeden, he isn't great but just being stable is a vast upgrade over some moron throwing underhand passes.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »