Home

Week 8 MNF: Seattle Seahawks (6-1) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

This is a discussion on Week 8 MNF: Seattle Seahawks (6-1) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #57
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 8 MNF: Seattle Seahawks (6-1) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Then why were other teams able to kill the Rams running the ball?
The Rams are just a bad matchup for the Seahawks, and it has been evidenced by 3 tough games in a row against them. Some teams match up better against certain opponents. Just the way it is. Two good pass rushing defensive ends against two terrible tackles = recipe for disaster. And that's just about what happened.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #58
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the reply. Yea some teams just seem to always be tough matchups regardless of records and statistics.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 AM   #59

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Good lord I shat me self.

Championship defense....offense did baaaarely enough to win but I will take it. 7-1 baby.
Not to play devils advocate but that defense wasnt really championship level tonight as they got gouged all night long on the ground and were a missed FG away from being down late and trying to come back with an offense that struggled to do anything. Did they stop the pass rather effectively? Sure but they were facing Kellen Clemens of all people, not exactly a tough matchup then throw in the lack of receivers that might put a shred of fear in anyone and its easy to see why they did. Seattles a good team but if they get gouged like that in the running game they are going to struggle come playoff time.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #60
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

They didn't even do that good of a job stopping the pass; Clemens had people running wide open all game but because he's awful, he threw it to Seattle's corners, over everyone's head, or into the ground.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #61
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
They didn't even do that good of a job stopping the pass; Clemens had people running wide open all game but because he's awful, he threw it to Seattle's corners, over everyone's head, or into the ground.
I've always been critical of Sam Bradford because well, he's not good at all, but you have to think at least he would have put up 2 touchdowns.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Dammit Rams. Was 2 more yards really too much to ask of you?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #63
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Not to play devils advocate but that defense wasnt really championship level tonight as they got gouged all night long on the ground and were a missed FG away from being down late and trying to come back with an offense that struggled to do anything. Did they stop the pass rather effectively? Sure but they were facing Kellen Clemens of all people, not exactly a tough matchup then throw in the lack of receivers that might put a shred of fear in anyone and its easy to see why they did. Seattles a good team but if they get gouged like that in the running game they are going to struggle come playoff time.
I understand your points, but the way the game wound up playing out, our goal line stand when the game was on the line was gritty and showed character.

It's easy enough to say the Rams made a bad playcall choice, bad QB, flags everywhere, etc. But they were running well on us right up to that point and we shut them down.

The Seahawks defense deserves some credit in this game for stopping an NFL team from ever scoring a touchdown, winning the turnover battle, and making the key plays in key moments to secure a divisional win on the road.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #64
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah I wouldn't say it was a great performance for the d, but it was just good enough. The Seahawks found ways to lose these games on the road last year. It's nice for them to make just enough plays to pull out the win. Not great, but good enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »