Home

The Incognito/Martin Mess

This is a discussion on The Incognito/Martin Mess within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The Incognito/Martin Mess

Martin has mental issues now? What?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Hazing is a zero tolerance crime in the military.

In the Marine Corps, hazing is a crime punishable by at least seven different articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, according to Marine Corps Order 1700.28, first issued in 1997 and regularly updated since then. The Marines define hazing as "any conduct whereby one military member ... causes another military member ... to suffer or be exposed to an activity which is cruel, abusive, humiliating, or oppressive."

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/5/50...-rookie-hazing
Doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time, never been a marine, but I have friends that are. Unless they lied which I doubt, alot of that nonsense goes on.

It's like sexual harassment at work, illegal, frowned upon. But it happens all the time.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #75
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

(This has nothing to do with what was being discussed over the last few pages but I've been thinking about this for a few days and decided to post it here)

I'll say this in regards the people talking about Martin and his toughness/softness or whatnot:

He plays in a league where they're CONSTANTLY pushing this notion that it's "Home of the tough guys" or "It's the TRUE Gladiator Sport" or "Football is a REAL Man's Sport". Basically forcing it down our throats that this league is home to some of the toughest, bad *** Pro Sports Athletes in the World and they don't fear anything(not literally, but you get what I'm trying to say).

My question is how else are we supposed to look at these guys(Especially the O/D Linesmen)when they're constantly being pushed by the league as the "Tough Guys down in the Trenches", etc, etc? That's the perception we're always given so when people say "Just because he's a big lineman in the NFL doesn't mean he's a bad***", especially in regards to those saying he should've defended himself against Incognito, how else are we supposed to judge/look at him or any other Lineman when we're only seeing them for 3 hours a week? Remember, this is the same sport where the "soft players"(Physically and Mentally) usually don't last long in the NFL.

Just something to consider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #76
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time, never been a marine, but I have friends that are. Unless they lied which I doubt, alot of that nonsense goes on

It's like sexual harassment at work, illegal, frowned upon. But it happens all the time.
And if a person gets caught for sexual harassment in the work place, they get fired. And I'm pretty sure the sexually harassed victim isn't mentally soft or weak, or has some sort of mental issue, if they complain about it and/or leave work.

Just because **** happens doesn't mean the people it happens to have to put up with it "just because it happens all the time."
Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I think after making a rash decision to walk out at lunch, he decided to become the poster boy for bullied athletes. That's what I truly believe.

That's not to say Incognito gets a pass for some of the things he said or did. Same goes for his teammates. But the TOS here handcuffs me from REALLY going in on the topic.

End of the day, though. Yeah, Martin has an end game in my opinion. He's not the innocent victim he wants the world to think he his. Soft individual who is looking to be a poster boy.
You've got to be ****ing kidding me...

So you're telling me that this guy wants to be a "poster boy" for bullying in sports so bad he's willing to put his multi-million dollar career on the line? Get outta here.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #78
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

http://deadspin.com/brandon-marshall...ium=socialflow

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Yes because taking offense to someone texting you death threats and telling you they're going to run a train on your sister apparently are signs of mental illness.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #80
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Isn't this what it's all about?Wouldn't this be his defense for leaving the team?Just because what was going on bothered him enough mentally doesn't mean he's crazy or has mental issues in any other way.There's really alot to analyze here because people are very complex.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »