Home

NFL Game Threads vs Single Thread

This is a discussion on NFL Game Threads vs Single Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NFL game threads
Keep it to individual game threads 64 83.12%
Weekly thread for all games 10 12.99%
Other 3 3.90%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NFL Game Threads vs Single Thread

I voted other.. I like the hybrid approach. Game threads for the TNF/SNF/MNF and any other marquee game, then an "Other Games" thread.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #26
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Agree with King above.

The more I think about it the more I think a mega merged Gameday thread would be a bad idea; it would just be odd to follow when like today for instance most of the forum is watching and commenting on the Lions/Eagles game and to have random posts of the Chiefs/Redskins blowout, or someone commenting on something from the Bills/Bucs game thrown in would just really disrupt the flow of reading the thread...

and then once the games start getting really tight at the End of the 4th quarters the thread is going to blow up like with all the lead changes from the Vikings/Ravens game while the Dolphins/Steelers and Browns/Pats are wrapping up it would just be too hectic to keep up. Not to mention every week would end up being a 1,000+ post thread that just gets way too convoluted and would be a mess to go back and read through if say you wanted to go back and look at a particular conversation afterwards.

Would just be a big cluster-mess; and by the time playoffs hit every Game is important enough to deserve it's own thread so yeah would just be pointless IMO.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #27
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I voted other.. I like the hybrid approach. Game threads for the TNF/SNF/MNF and any other marquee game, then an "Other Games" thread.
I don't get that, those games are played when no others are, a single thread would work for them

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
I personally favor a hybrid approach like z Revis indicated above.

The big games get their own thread; everything else goes into a conglomerated thread ala the college football forum. Clicking between 7-8 different threads is a bit of a chore for me.

With that said, I don't have a huge problem with individual game threads.
Clicking between 7-8 different threads is really a chore?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I think we should have both. A lot of teams don't have large followings on here. A single thread each weekend for guys to pop in and drop of their thoughts about a certain game wouldn't hurt.

Use the Patriots/Browns game from yesterday as an example. No game thread was made and you had all sorts of craziness happen at the end. I'm sure some posters were watching, had thoughts about it, but nowhere to post them.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I think we should have both. A lot of teams don't have large followings on here. A single thread each weekend for guys to pop in and drop of their thoughts about a certain game wouldn't hurt.

Use the Patriots/Browns game from yesterday as an example. No game thread was made and you had all sorts of craziness happen at the end. I'm sure some posters were watching, had thoughts about it, but nowhere to post them.
What's stopping any of them from creating a thread at that time? I know it's happened before when something happened at the end of a game when there was no thread already created.

That's a serious question to those of you who chose not to just create the thread at that point, because I know that's happened a lot (where people opt to not create a thread). Is it because everything recently has gone in the OT thread so we all just naturally gravitate there?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
What's stopping any of them from creating a thread at that time? I know it's happened before when something happened at the end of a game when there was no thread already created.

That's a serious question to those of you who chose not to just create the thread at that point, because I know that's happened a lot (where people opt to not create a thread). Is it because everything recently has gone in the OT thread so we all just naturally gravitate there?

Can only speak for myself as a Patriots fan here, but the reason I stopped making game threads is because of the small following they gave on here. No point in making a thread that only receives 8 replies. Unless it's primetime or a game against some like Denver or No, it's pointless.

Same could be said for the Browns. I don't think the following is that strong on here.

Single game threads are cool with me. Having 1 new general game thread every weekend wouldn't hurt is all. Wouldn't clutter the forum up. Does no more harm than what team should I root for threads while actually being productive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Can only speak for myself as a Patriots fan here, but the reason I stopped making game threads is because of the small following they gave on here. No point in making a thread that only receives 8 replies. Unless it's primetime or a game against some like Denver or No, it's pointless.

Same could be said for the Browns. I don't think the following is that strong on here.

Single game threads are cool with me. Having 1 new general game thread every weekend wouldn't hurt is all. Wouldn't clutter the forum up. Does no more harm than what team should I root for threads while actually being productive.
What I mean is if something big happens (like in the NE/CLE game) and someone wants to come here and post about it, if they don't see a thread already exists why wouldn't they make a thread then to discuss then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »