Home

Week 15 SNF: Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (5-8)

This is a discussion on Week 15 SNF: Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (5-8) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #49
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Week 15 SNF: Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (5-8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
It seems like you've missed a few years of NFL news. The NFL is trying to keep players from being crippled once they're 40. Please pay attention the league as a whole and what happens. It was not a legal hit at all. I'm not sure why you're so intent on defending a special teams player's wallet, lol.

Like I said. After the Tomlin attempt at cheating and all the Roethlisberger party shenanigans can you really say PITTSBURGH FOOTBALL anymore?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
This is all that needed to be said...unbelievable..

And no,I haven't missed any "rule changes"...I've been into football probably longer than you've been alive,so not sure what your point is there.

I never denied it wasn't a vicious hit...but is it worth a fine? nope...BUT,under Goodell's new NFL,I'm sure it will be fined...I'm saying I don't agree with it...it's FOOTBALL you know what you're signing up for.

I'm also not sure on why you're so intent on bashing a special teams player of a team you obviously have no interest in.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 12-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #50
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
The NFL doesnt want them to be hit. Please re-read the post bro. It doesn't quote punters, it quotes big bold NFL rules. Not everybody wants NFL players to be cripples and commit suicide before theyre 60.

Yea bro, that is totally what I want.

I understand it is an NFL policy, doesn't change how I view it. The hit was bad, not because it was on a punter but because of the execution of it.

Last edited by AshamanCarnage; 12-16-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #51
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
This is all that needed to be said...unbelievable..

And no,I haven't missed any "rule changes"...I've been into football probably longer than you've been alive,so not sure what your point is there.

I never denied it wasn't a vicious hit...but is it worth a fine? nope...BUT,under Goodell's new NFL,I'm sure it will be fined...I'm saying I don't agree with it...it's FOOTBALL you know what you're signing up for.

I'm also not sure on why you're so intent on bashing a special teams player of a team you obviously have no interest in.
Nobody's bashing any players. The NFL right now is about progress. Progress from a league where fans love seeing players breaking their bones and then can't understand why they suicide themselves with shotguns to the chest. Progress is happening whether you understand it or not.

A few dollars here and there to teach players to actually play the game and not STEELER FOOTBALL BRO will help that progress.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #52
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It was a dirty hit and I'm one who is against the majority of this "protect the players" movement. He launched with his helmet under the helmet of the punter. You can see him set up and then launch at the punter. Nobody is saying to let the punter go by him. That was a knockout shot, not a block.

I also have no dog in the fight, so disregard my avatar...it's just a Madden league. I have no favorite NFL team.

If the Steelers extended his arms and pushed the punter out of the way and the punter did some type of neck jerk reaction I wouldn't say it was dirty. Launching with a helmet towards a guy not looking and hitting him under the facemask...yikes. Huber didn't move either so it wasn't a bang bang play where the Steelers player just happened to hit him in that spot.

This was a deliberate and planned hit

Gonna close this thread because there is a clear divide and it's not going to end wel

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

Last edited by NDAlum; 12-16-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »