Home

2014 NFC Wild Card Weekend: New Orleans Saints vs. Philadelphia Eagles

This is a discussion on 2014 NFC Wild Card Weekend: New Orleans Saints vs. Philadelphia Eagles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: 2014 NFC Wild Card Weekend: New Orleans Saints vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Brees is 106-172(61.6 comp%) 1220yds 8TDs 2INT in his 3 road playoffs losses. I definitely would not blame any of those losses on him. This team is obviously different, but he's always been pretty good in the playoffs.

This team has had its struggles on the road but they were 1 play away from beating good Patriots and Panthers teams so it certainly possible. Should be a good game I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Give me Eagles.

Just don't trust the Saints on the Road, they haven't shown me anything that they can go on the Road and win in a hostile environment all season. You see if they were the #1 seed, I'd take them to represent the NFC in a SB playing at Home but on the Road the team just falls apart, and mis communication, and play calling issues show up.

I think Brees keeps them in it until late, but I think Foles, McCoy, Jackson just put up too many points plus the Eagles will win the turnover differential. Anyways I wouldn't bet on this game at all.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

Just hope the Eagles defense that played the Bears shows up for this one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't believe that this game is as close as people believe it is. Sure the Saints have had a bad record on the road this year. But dive a little deeper and look at their opponents.

They lost to the Patriots, Panthers, and Seahawks. All top playoff teams, and the Seahawks game was the only one that they weren't competitive in. The panthers and Seahawks both have top defenses. The Pats don't have a stout defense, but bellicheck dialed up a solid gameplan and recognized that Graham was their bread and butter and shut him down.

Then their other 2 losses. The Jets and Rams are the headscratchers until you look into it. According to football outsiders their adjusted sack rate statistic shows that the Jets and Rams rank TOP 5 in the league in sacks. If you go back and watch those games you'll see Brees struggle due to pressure in his face. A short QB can't make the throws when he can't see past a wall of defenders barreling down on him.

The Eagles don't have the same pass rush that the rams and Jets are capable of. That's why I believe they'll go into Philly and get the W
Old 12-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I really would like to see the Saints beat the Eagles, but I don't trust them outside the dome particularity in temperatures that could be around 20 degrees at kick-off.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't believe that this game is as close as people believe it is. Sure the Saints have had a bad record on the road this year. But dive a little deeper and look at their opponents.

They lost to the Patriots, Panthers, and Seahawks. All top playoff teams, and the Seahawks game was the only one that they weren't competitive in. The panthers and Seahawks both have top defenses. The Pats don't have a stout defense, but bellicheck dialed up a solid gameplan and recognized that Graham was their bread and butter and shut him down.

Then their other 2 losses. The Jets and Rams are the headscratchers until you look into it. According to football outsiders their adjusted sack rate statistic shows that the Jets and Rams rank TOP 5 in the league in sacks. If you go back and watch those games you'll see Brees struggle due to pressure in his face. A short QB can't make the throws when he can't see past a wall of defenders barreling down on him.

The Eagles don't have the same pass rush that the rams and Jets are capable of. That's why I believe they'll go into Philly and get the W
Agree on pass rush. However, there secondary has been playing alittle better each game. Dez was one on one a few times in there game and more then once was the defender right there. Bree's is better then Orton dont get me wrong but I wouldnt overlook there Corners or the Line Backers who have stepped up. What scares me is Graham and how the Eagles like to play man coverage
Old 12-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

The Saints' O-Line has to hold up at least better than it did in it's last 2 road playoff losses. And if they can lean on their run game a little bit more as well, they'll be alright.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

In the beginning of the season I had the Saints going to the superbowl, however I'm starting to lean towards the Eagles winning this game. I don't trust Rob Ryan even though he has done a pretty good job with the saints defense this year. In big games, especially towards the end, he has a tendency to get too conservative. Eagles high powered offense can really do some damage this week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »