Home

NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks

I really think that if the Seahawks look ahead, Brees will smack them in the mouth and we'll be in for the fight of our lives.

Thankfully, I think this team realizes what's at stake. Look ahead and you're going to get beat. Arizona proved that the Seahawks can be beat at home. This team is hungry and constantly plays with a chip on their shoulder.

This game won't be the 34-7 lambasting that the Seahawks served the Saints a month ago. This is playoff football where a loss sends you home for good until July when training camp opens again.

With that said, I believe the Seattle defense is just too tough. #1 total defense (by nearly 30 yards per game), #1 pass defense, #1 scoring defense, #7 rushing defense, #1 in interceptions (28, next closest team had 23).

They play even tougher at home. It's going to be tough for Brees and the Saints. I realize regular season statistics mean jack right now, but this is a defense that is hungry and can bring it on so many levels. I'd venture to say that New Orleans needs a perfect day in offensive execution to make this a game and believe me, I am not a homer. I have my reservations about the Seahawks and how they have sputtered on offense (badly) over the past month. But the bottom line is that they are a much more well rounded team and Percy Harvin is the x-factor here. Even if he's still slowed by the hip, the Saints' defense has to account for him at all times and that opens up things for our offense.

I'm calling it - Seattle 28, New Orleans 17. My pick for the Arizona game was laughable (predicted a blowout) so I am hoping to redeem myself here. I don't predict big wins often, but I just think Seattle matches up very favorably with New Orleans.

I'm not saying the Saints can't win, but Seahawks fan or not, the deck is stacked against them pretty heavily in this one.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #18
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Thanks, 12. Subscribed to this and the other NFC game thread

Boy, have we needed this BYE. So glad we handled our business vs the Rams. Heck, we MAY even get Percy out of the deal, though I'm in the Conservative Worry Wart Fanbase, preferring we don't use him for KR's in this game unless absolutely necessary. Being in the offense will be quite sufficient.

I feel this was a good draw for us for this weekend, and I like our chances. What will the weather bring Saturday afternoon in Seattle? Nevermind, no one ever knows until the day before LOL.

Two weather terms I heard a lot in Seattle forecasts:
--Convergence zone
--It's not 'partly cloudy'...it's 'Partly Sunny!' I always chuckled at that spin.

Go Seahawks! And for anyone here who gets to attend, shred your vocal cords and shatter the Saints' spirits, fellas!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Did Roman Harper play in the MNF meeting? If not, he's my deciding factor for this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I expect the Saints to play a lot better than the last time, but it still probably won't be enough.

Crazy things happen in the playoffs though.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #21
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I really don't see the Saints winning. it's been a good story, with Payton's return, but the Saints barely beat the Eagles. The Saints, though coming off a road playoff win, just aren't good on the road, outside, in the playoffs. Seattle has lost once at home in the past two years (granted, that was this season) and it's Seattle! Many, myself included, have been saying since last offseason that the Seahawks have one of the best rosters in football. Seattle is my pick to be in the Superbowl.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it is definitely fair to say that a lot of us (Seahawks fans) are fairly nervous for Saturday's game. It's my feeling this is due to numerous playoff disappointments we've experienced with some spectacular teams from this town ('01 Mariners, anyone?).

But the Hawks have given fans every reason to be confident. If Percy is in fact in the lineup this weekend then that confidence should be increased. Of course all of this with a healthy respect for the Saints.

The biggest question in my mind is whether we will have the same kind of success through the air that we did in our first meeting with New Orleans. I have been concerned all season with our lack of a bona fide number one receiver. Not to be Captain Hindsight but I worried about this from the moment I heard Percy would be out and it reared its ugly head far before the national media caught on after the Arizona game. I love me some Golden Tate but to add another threat would be huge.

Anyway, feeling really good about this one. The Clink should be rocking Saturday.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #23
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2

Golden Tate has been superman for this offense.

I think the Saints were embarrassed the last time out so I expect them to really bring their all. The Seahawks can struggle with the run sometimes and with Mark ingram(finally) playing well they could wear down that beastly Hawks defense and get some offense going.

Thing is Saints are a pass happy offense and the Hawks are a pass happy defense should be fun.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #24
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Did Roman Harper play in the MNF meeting? If not, he's my deciding factor for this game.
I think he played. Not sure if he started at safety though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »