Home

NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #601
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFC Divisional Round: #6 New Orleans Saints at #1 Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
-I think Seahawk fans are aware but afraid to admit that Wilson can be very average at times. There are some games where he has no rhythm with the offense. (Rams MNF) The play calling is part of the problem, no denying that. Sometimes it's almost like he is afraid to make the big throw. Regardless I hope that this was his only "average" game in the playoffs, because everyone knows what he is capable of.

-I'm a bit biased obviously, but Earl Thomas is knocking on the Ed Reed door. He's not a ball hawk like Reed but the things this dude can do is incredible. He essentially took over the game. I recall a few pass breakups on Jimmy Graham that were huge. Kam was his normal hard hitting self. The LOB compliments each other so well. The perfect combination in my opinion. One can't have great success without the other.
Quite undeniable that Russell has been off pretty much since the Saints MNF game. Bevell sure isn't helping but Russell needs to play much, much better.

Agreed on Earl. He is the key to the defense and that secondary. He's a big part of why the defense has been pretty good at limiting the deep pass this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #602
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
So, apparently the Seahawks are God's gift to football, haha.
Let's not take the words of a kid still in high school (no offense, OSU) as the perspective of all Seahawks' fans. When a Niners or Cowboys fan throw the rings argument in my face, I nod in agreement because I respect those traditions and histories. I want some of that for myself and 12's everywhere.

Don't forget we've rarely ever been here before. The guys like me who have loved this team since the 1980s approach every bit of success with a healthy dose of cautious optimism. I can see how good Wilson has been for us while also realizing that he's no where near a finished product. He has struggled these past five weeks. I see our thin wide receiver corps and know that that could be our downfall. We have a tough game next week and it's going to be damn tough to beat the Niners again.

The Seahawks are God's gift to nothing at this point. This team still has an empty trophy case and it could stay that way if they don't get the offense figured out. For as great as our defense is, the offense is laying eggs week after week lately. They can't do that against a nasty Niners' defense and a revitalized offense that is a far cry from what it was in Week 2.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #603
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
According to another Seattle fan the Mariners are a lock to win the WS this year as well. No joke.
We got Robinson Cano. It's an absolute lock!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #604
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
Let's not take the words of a kid still in high school (no offense, OSU) as the perspective of all Seahawks' fans. When a Niners or Cowboys fan throw the rings argument in my face, I nod in agreement because I respect those traditions and histories. I want some of that for myself and 12's everywhere.

Don't forget we've rarely ever been here before. The guys like me who have loved this team since the 1980s approach every bit of success with a healthy dose of cautious optimism. I can see how good Wilson has been for us while also realizing that he's no where near a finished product. He has struggled these past five weeks. I see our thin wide receiver corps and know that that could be our downfall. We have a tough game next week and it's going to be damn tough to beat the Niners again.

The Seahawks are God's gift to nothing at this point. This team still has an empty trophy case and it could stay that way if they don't get the offense figured out. For as great as our defense is, the offense is laying eggs week after week lately. They can't do that against a nasty Niners' defense and a revitalized offense that is a far cry from what it was in Week 2.

Sorry for the rant.
From a fan of a team with an empty trophy case to another: Good post

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #605
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He's ok. He's like 16. Everything your team does is the greatest at age 16.
Oh, so that's why the the Lions went 4-0 that one preseason before my 17th birthday. Should have never turned 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »