Home

NFC Divisional Round: #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #2 Carolina Panthers

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Round: #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #2 Carolina Panthers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #33
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NFC Divisional Round: #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #2 Carolina Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
1. What constitutes a seasoned QB exactly? The guy is in his first full year as a starter, I dont even get what youre trying to say here.

2. Hes only good when he scrambles? Really? He actually makes better plays when he doesnt get flushed and try and scramble, again, this logic makes zero sense to me. Do you watch SF games? Ive seen every game this season, your opinion is highly flawed and incorrect.

3. The Super Bowl statement is pure crap? Such a ridiculous statement to make, that so called read option only got them past Green Bay last season and we were one play away from winning the Super Bowl and that wasnt because we did nothing but read option to get there like you would suggest.

4. Kaepernick has issues as any young QB does but he can make some beautiful throws and ever since getting Crabtree back he has looked a lot better.

You like to apparently dismiss everything about them other then their defense which isnt even as good as it was last year in many ways, the pass defense is suspect and we struggle to get pressure at times, but if you think the only reason we win games is because of our defense then I dont know what to tell you. On that note nothing left to be said, you clearly dislike SF, Kaepernick, Gore and pretty much everything that has to do with SF other then the defense yet you clearly didnt watch every game seeing as if you had you wouldnt make some of the comments you have.
Never said the only reason they got to the SB was because of the read option but it was a big part of why.

I've watched plenty SF games especially the ones vs good teams that's why I make the statements I make.

And stop using Crabtree as an excuse he still had Boldin and Davis....probably top 10 at there postitions.

I understand that he's young but the hype around him was crazy.

Should be a good game anyways.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #34
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

Quote:
Wait, I thought they only won because of the defense?
Still a good TEAM just overrated in some areas.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #35

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardJay
Never said the only reason they got to the SB was because of the read option but it was a big part of why.

I've watched plenty SF games especially the ones vs good teams that's why I make the statements I make.

And stop using Crabtree as an excuse he still had Boldin and Davis....probably top 10 at there postitions.

I understand that he's young but the hype around him was crazy.

Should be a good game anyways.
Boldin is not a top 10 receiver, has no burst or speed and if hes the only threat outside he should be a lot easier to stop since nobody will respect the receiver who should draw coverage away. Furthermore if Boldin was a top 10 receiver he wouldnt have been given away by Baltimore either. As for the hype, same thing happened to RGIII, same thing happened to Luck, same thing happens to any young QB who comes in and plays well. Crabtree isnt an excuse, look at the results, there is no rationalizing with you so Ill leave it at that, good luck to your Panthers on Sunday.

Last edited by The Chef; 01-06-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #36
Pro

WizardJay's Arena

Quote:
Boldin is not a top 10 receiver, has no burst or speed and if hes the only threat outside he should be a lot easier to stop since nobody will respect the receiver who should draw coverage away. Furthermore if Boldin was a top 10 receiver he wouldnt have been given away by Baltimore either. As for the hype, same thing happened to RGIII, same thing happened to Luck, same thing happens to any young QB who comes in and plays well. Crabtree isnt an excuse, look at the results, there is no rationalizing with you so Ill leave it at that, good luck to your Panthers on Sunday.
Its obvious that your a fan and will do anything to protect them.

WOW. Discrediting one of your own to try and get a point across.

Will see what happens Sunday.

Edit: seems like everyone else is living up to the hype except him.

Last edited by WizardJay; 01-06-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

The five young QBs with the most hype:

Yards-Pct-TD-INT-Rating
3357 63.1 26 9 101.2
3197 58.4 21 8 91.6
3379 61.7 24 13 88.8
3822 60.2 23 9 87.0
3203 60.1 16 12 82.2

Clearly, four of them are living up to the hype and one sucks.

Edit: Might as well add Cam to the list too.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 01-06-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #38

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Anyways, back to the thread topic at hand.

I expect the game to be a real slugfest with both teams knocking the other in the mouth at some point in the game. If SF can get protection for Kaepernick they have a shot, if the offensive line struggles to run and/or pass protect it could be a long day. Im very intrigued to see how Newton does in a playoff game, curious to see if Steve Smith is effective with the knee injury and whether or not Crabtree and Aldon Smith can make a difference in the outcome. If I had to make a prediction I'd say SF wins this 24-13 but I'm not all that confident in that prediction and it could change if Carlos Rogers cant play again this weekend.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #39
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I think everyone figured this, but Steve Smith officially announced he will play. I haven't heard much about how he's looked on his hurt knee, but hopefully it doesn't hold him back too much.

Jonathan Stewart still hasn't practiced since hurting himself vs New Orleans week 14. Even if he's able to practice on Wednesday, I don't think the team can expect much out of him.

Watch me play video games
Old 01-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #40
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Did Aldon Smith play in that first matchup?

When I look at this I feel as though SF has the better offensive playmakers. Both Cam & Kap could have great games or do terrible. The defenses are both solid and I don't know who really gets the edge.

San Fran - 20
Carolina - 13

I think the D's bring their A game and it's a straight up battle. I give the edge to SF because of their weapons (Boldin/Gore/V Davis/Crabtree)

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »