Home

NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seahawks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2014, 09:01 PM   #1105
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I love the last one. Yeah, if you had made a better throw, but you didn't. Kaep has thrown a lot of interceptions in his games with the Seahawks. I think he would've been better served STFU about it. Your season is over, go get them next year. No point to dwelling on this past season IMO.

Yeah the last comment is LOL worthy.

If I hadn't been late on my swing, I would have hit the ball.

If I hadn't shot the ball a couple inches too hard, it would have gone in.

If I had just thrown the football a foot further.

Stop it.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #1106
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

He's taking responsibility; I'm OK with it.

Quote:
“Now, do I wish I would have thrown a better ball? If it’s a foot farther, we’re playing this weekend and not Seattle. To me, it’s not a bad decision by me. It’s something physically I have to get better at. I have to make a better throw in that position.”
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #1107
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NFC Championship: "Rain City Rumble III" #5 San Francisco 49ers @ #1 Seattle Seah

Would have been best if he didn't go to NY this week but he did and they put mikes in front of him.

I've heard that he had other options on that play which would have gotten them inside the 10 with 2 timeouts. I only hope the coaches point out there were these other options given the time left and timeouts.

If they got inside the 10, then Seattle might have had to think of the possibility of a run rather than an all out pass rush. In fact the LDE got a big push and may have prevented him from following through on that pass, though it still would have been tough getting it over Sherman without throwing it out of bounds.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 AM   #1108
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

I think Kap is uncomfortable in the deep red zone when everything is compacted. Like the Super Bowl last year. He's not very good in those situations.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #1109
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
I've heard that he had other options on that play which would have gotten them inside the 10 with 2 timeouts. I only hope the coaches point out there were these other options given the time left and timeouts.
To be fair, there were not a lot of options open at the time he threw the ball. He had a receiver at the top of the screen but the rest of them were covered.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #1110
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
To be fair, there were not a lot of options open at the time he threw the ball. He had a receiver at the top of the screen but the rest of them were covered.

It was first down. There's absolutely no reason to force the ball in that situation. If Kaep didn't see something open he should have either pulled it down and run or just thrown it away.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #1111
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Nah man he lost his mind on that play. It was first down and he was trying to win it all in one play to the absolute wrong guy. You live and you learn. If that linebackler didnt hussle all the way down the field and pick it off, he would have lived to see another down. That player doesnt get enough credit for ending that game. (KJ Wright?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #1112
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Nah man he lost his mind on that play. It was first down and he was trying to win it all in one play to the absolute wrong guy. You live and you learn. If that linebackler didnt hussle all the way down the field and pick it off, he would have lived to see another down. That player doesnt get enough credit for ending that game. (KJ Wright?)
Malcolm Smith made the play, who is KJ Wright's backup. It's not ever talked about because of Sherm, but Smith was absolutely awesome on that play. It wasn't his coverage responsibility to be there, but he hustled his *** over there because he knew Kaep was going to Crabtree there. Great play by Malcolm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »