Home

AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Broncos

This is a discussion on AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Broncos within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #9

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Bronc

I understand because of timezones they put the NFC championship game at 6pm EST 3pm PST but I think we shoulda got Brady-Manning as the later more prime time game. Either way the 4 best teams in the NFL IMO made it to conference championship week. As far as this game goes I expect it to come down to the last drive. I think the Broncos will win it on a game winning field goal. One thing is for sure, Peyton absolutely has to win this game for his legacy against Brady. He cant lose to Brady again. Yes he beat Brady that to win his loan SB but Brady has beaten him so many times that one win is almost feels like nothing.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 01-13-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:34 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Bronc

As much as I hate Brady, I'm looking forward to this game. Reminiscent of Montana vs Elway..
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I understand because of timezones they put the NFC championship game at 6pm EST 3pm PST but I think we shoulda got Brady-Manning as the later more prime time game.
It's the earlier game this year because the AFC championship was the late game last year, they alternate every year. Also the conference championship games don't start until 3 EST in the scenario that a West Coast team host the game.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

If Denver can slow down the Pats' run game, they will win. The weather shouldn't be a factor for the Broncos' passing game and they have the home crowd. If the Pats are successful running the ball, watch out. They will kill that clock and keep the Broncos' offense on the sideline.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 01-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

How do the Broncos fans feel about Chris Harris being out for the remainder of the year.

Obviously an issue when you lose one of your better defenders. Not sure it plays too big a factor in this particular game considering NE has nothing when it comes to outside receivers.

Also, this thread is seriously lacking behind the NFC title game thread. Someone insult another poster so we can get this rolling.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
How do the Broncos fans feel about Chris Harris being out for the remainder of the year.

Obviously an issue when you lose one of your better defenders. Not sure it plays too big a factor in this particular game considering NE has nothing when it comes to outside receivers.

Also, this thread is seriously lacking behind the NFC title game thread. Someone insult another poster so we can get this rolling.
Losing Harris hurts big time.

Hopefully Bailey will step up, I don't want to see Jammer get burned again.

Oh, and you suck.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #15
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I don't have a feel for this game yet but thank goodness for the NFC matchup blunting yet ANOTHER year of the Brady/Manning overhype. It'll be there but at least it'll be a little bit muted.
Part of me gets this line of thinking, but the rest of me thinks that any football fan should be happy that we, as fans, get to watch two of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game lead their teams against each other with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line one more time...maybe for the last time.

I get the hype argument, but this is arguably 1a Vs 1b for all-time QBs going against each other and it deserves the hype. Most of the match-ups between these two provide excitement, including the game earlier this season between the teams.

It's also the two best teams in the AFC playing against each other, to go along with two of the greatest QBs leading their respective teams against the other.

I get that people are sick of it...I just don't get why. Probably aided by my rooting interest in one of the teams, yes, but what more could football fans ask for (aside from "The Patriots not in the AFC Championship Game")?

As for the game, I'm nervous as ****. I wish the game was in New England.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #16
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I get the hype argument, but this is arguably 1a Vs 1b for all-time QBs going against each other
Quote:
It's also the two best teams in the AFC playing against each other
For these two reasons alone, this is why I can understand the crazy hype surrounding this game. We don't get to see this very often.

I may get tired of it as well(similar thoughts to Dayman regarding this)but I do understand why the hype will be crazier than before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »