Home

2014 NFL team predictions W-L

This is a discussion on 2014 NFL team predictions W-L within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #73
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 NFL team predictions W-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
If Dallas would have drafted Manziel, I would have never watched another one of their games.
A lot of folks said they would never watch another Cowboys game when Jones bought the team and so unceremoniously kicked Landry to the curb. If I had been a Cowboys fa, I would have been one of the ones saying it.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:22 AM   #74
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
With the targets on offense, they can afford to not have Romo for a couple of games. Weeden can't carry a full season but he can fill in.

But you're crazy if you think the cowboys D is on par with the rest of the division. Each of the other teams have their question marks but the cowboys were historically bad last year, lost their best player (by far) going into this year, traded their vet superstar, and that's just the beginning of their problems. They will need to score 40 ppg to get to 8 or 9 wins. Just ain't happening.
I hear you.

It was also the boys first year using the 4/3. I don't see the rest of the division being better on defense. I've seen them all and they are all terrible. The Giants don't have any stars on defense, the Eagles have who on defense? Nobody that rings a bell. The skins are so so.

D ware was not very good last year so they really don't lose much. He was hurt and not effective when he did play. The giants have new offense, the skins new coaches, the eagles run a gimmick offense and got rid of their best big play threat so yeah, I see the cowboys having a legit shot even with a bad defense in that division. I could be wrong but not likely. Now if an already bad defense gets injuries then yes, they will go from bad to unwatchable imo.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #75
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Schedule is rough late in the season. Oline is shaky from the 2 practices I went to and secondary maybe among worst in league again. Not sure where they are going to generate pass rush.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Chargers last 5 weeks are brutal:

11/30 @Ravens
12/7 Patriots
12/14 Broncos
12/20 @49ers
12/28 @ Chiefs

At best 8-8 at worst 6-10.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #76
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
Feeling optimistic about Detroit this year and I'll say 10-6 with a return to the playoffs. Never liked Schwartz, so glad he's gone. The only real issue I have from the offseason is the resigning of Brandon Pettigrew. I have no idea what they see in him. Adding Tate and Ebron hopefully forces teams to not triple Megatron, and the offense wont be so reliant on him now that we have a reliable number 2.

Barring some catastophic injury, Anything less than a playoff spot would be very disapponting considering the talent level. But, it is Caldwell's first year and this is the Lions so I wont get my hopes up too much.
They have the talent to make the playoffs but I'm having a hard time reading what the expectation level is. The schedule is middle of the road in the NFL going by last year's record; they play the NFC South and AFC East, with the Giants and Cardinals thrown in for good measure. I imagine the Falcons, Bucs, Giants and Vikings will be better this year though. The over under for the Lions is 8.5, I am taking the under with gusto.

Last edited by rdnk; 08-24-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll give some NFC West predictions:

1. Seattle Seahawks 13-3 - I think the offense ascends into elite level while the defense regresses a bit. The D line won't pressure QB's at the rate it did last year while the defensive backs are having some trouble adjusting to the new rules (granted no secondary has looked good at all in preseason so far).

2. SF 49ers 11-5 - Either that or 10-6. The defense will have some trouble early on because of injuries/suspensions and the offensive line looks like a disaster so far. Iupati was regressing last year but looks 10x worse so far in preseason. I know they don't want to buckle in to Boone's demands, but they might have to if they want to pull off another super bowl run...

3. Arizona Cardinals 8-8 - Their defense will still be pretty good, though I think they will have trouble rushing the passer. They are basically relying on an ancient John Abraham there. Calais Campbell is a monster. On offense, Carson Palmer gonna Carson Palmer. Every time he gets pressured he basically tosses the football to a player on the other team. He's too old to change his ways now.

4. St. Louis Rams 7-9 - I don't think the Bradford injury hurts them as much as people think. Kellen Clemens led the team to essentially the same record and an even better point differential last year. With Bradford they are probably 8-8. I think they screwed up not drafting a QB early. Their defensive line is monstrous but their secondary sucks. I think they lost Trumaine Johnson last night as well.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #78
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

I see vikings as a 8-8 team. Possibly a 10-6 team.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 08-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #79
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
If the Cowboys offense remains in the top 5 and the defense can at least improve to the mid-upper 20's they may have a shot at a winning season. Although, I don't feel that will be enough to make it into the playoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
What makes you think the defense will improve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Hope and prayers.
After another round of terrible injuries and seeing the first three preseason games, the defense will probably be worse. I didn't even think that was possible. The run D can't seem to stop anyone.

My hopes for a winning season are dwindling, now I'm just hoping they remain competitive.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #80
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

Bears should be a 10 win team if their defense plays well

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »