Home

2014 NFL team predictions W-L

This is a discussion on 2014 NFL team predictions W-L within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #49
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2014 NFL team predictions W-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Optimistic outlook for Chargers is 9-7. 6-10 isnt out of the question though.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
I believe I read a note on NFL Network saying with Rivers at QB, the worst the Chargers have finished has been 7-9. (and that was statistically his worst season to date)

I actually put my benchmark for them at around 8 wins. Give or take 1 going either way. If Phillip has even an average season that should be enough for 7 wins alone. The problem I see there is outside of Keenan Allen, he doesn't have much else to work with save Woodhead coming out of the backfield. Gates is another year older, Floyd had been injury prone, and Vincent Brown.. inconsistent.

Outside of adding Brandon Flowers coming off a down year, and drafting a solid but undersized Nickelback I don't think they've done enough on Defense. They really rely on Melvin Ingram, and Eric Weddle to carry that unit. Where does the pass rush come from? The schedule is tougher with the NFC West, plus Baltimore, and New England. Going to be tough sledding for them IMO.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared
I believe I read a note on NFL Network saying with Rivers at QB, the worst the Chargers have finished has been 7-9. (and that was statistically his worst season to date)

I actually put my benchmark for them at around 8 wins. Give or take 1 going either way. If Phillip has even an average season that should be enough for 7 wins alone. The problem I see there is outside of Keenan Allen, he doesn't have much else to work with save Woodhead coming out of the backfield. Gates is another year older, Floyd had been injury prone, and Vincent Brown.. inconsistent.

Outside of adding Brandon Flowers coming off a down year, and drafting a solid but undersized Nickelback I don't think they've done enough on Defense. They really rely on Melvin Ingram, and Eric Weddle to carry that unit. Where does the pass rush come from? The schedule is tougher with the NFC West, plus Baltimore, and New England. Going to be tough sledding for them IMO.
Schedule is rough late in the season. Oline is shaky from the 2 practices I went to and secondary maybe among worst in league again. Not sure where they are going to generate pass rush.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #51
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Giants 9-7 and win the division, or 8-8 and miss the playoffs. The NFC East basically has 1 playoff spot, and I think it's Giants—Eagles... and I predict a major offensive injury to Philly to knock them down to 9-7 and loss on tiebreakers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #52
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

I expect the Packers to go 12-4, win the division, and have the third spot in the playoffs behind New Orleans (they will lose to the Saints which will cost them a bye) and Seattle. I have them also losing to the Bears at Chicago, and Seattle and possibly New England.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #53
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm thinking 10-6/9-7 for my Jets.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #54
Rookie

AFC North

Cincinnati: 11-5
Baltimore: 8-8
Pittsburgh: 7-9
Cleveland: 7-9

Dalton is good enough to lead this team with a stacked defense and weapons on offense. Now just a question if he can get hot in January like he did this past October.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #55
Rookie

Super Bowl rematch of a 12-4 Seattle (+650 to win according to topbet.eu) versus an 11-5 Denver (+600 to win) with Seattle winning back to back Super Bowls. Done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #56
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
2014 NFL team predictions W-L

Cowboys - I can definitely see 5-11 or even 4-12 this season. There was no improvement made on a league-worst defense last year and our schedule is flat out brutal.

I see some very frustrating days ahead. At least it's expected this year versus being one of the more talented teams and pissing away games every week.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 08-14-2014 at 08:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »