Home

Week 1: San Francisco 49ers (0-0) vs Dallas Cowboys (0-0)

This is a discussion on Week 1: San Francisco 49ers (0-0) vs Dallas Cowboys (0-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #113
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 1: San Francisco 49ers (0-0) vs Dallas Cowboys (0-0)

Poor showing by Romo. It sucks to get down 7 so quickly, but we moved the ball almost at will. The first Int should have been an easy 6 to Terrence. Lots of work to do. I have low expectations all around but the defense was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2014, 02:52 AM   #114
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

2nd and 1 from the 2, Romo Audibles to a Pass..
Takes sack and kills an opportunity to tie the game..

Niners would have beaten us anyway, but we could
have been competitive.

This is Romo's last year in Dallas. Salary cap hell to
follow..
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 AM   #115
MVP

adriano's Arena

This was Romo's worst game as a pro. I say its his worst, because most of the day he had good protection and threw pick after pick.. At least in his other bad games he was being pressured..lol

Last edited by adriano; 09-09-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #116
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Romo couldn't have audibled to a pass. Must have been a pass play already, because they stripped him of the freedom to audible runs to passes.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 09-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #117
MVP

adriano's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Four
Romo couldn't have audibled to a pass. Must have been a pass play already, because they stripped him of the freedom to audible runs to passes.
Romo audibled out of a runs in the red zone...The Cowboys website confirmed it.. They were critical of it too..
Old 09-10-2014, 03:19 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 0

The Cowboys defense was non existent in this game as expected. The only thing preventing the Niners from dropping 40 in this game was the refs with some absolutely horrible calls. The Dallas defense will not have the luxury of these calls all season and is in for a long ride.

Outside of this game which was a bad day for Romo as a pro, I expect him to keep them in some games. I don't think it will be another 8-8 year, I think were looking at a 4-12 season.

The Niners offense was impressive, if anyone thinks that the Cowboys genuinely stopped them they weren't paying attention. I think Kap has made some strides at QB and we'll continue to see him play at a high level all year. Despite the defensive issues with injuries and suspensions, Niners will be back in the NFC championship game.

I'm most definitely not going to throw Romo under the bus for this performance like everyone else has though. People are forgetting just how good the defense he was playing is, banged up or not. I'm a Niners fan who has no love lost for the Cowboys, but Romo is still a mid teir quarterback, and he will play like it. The Niners D can make a lot of similar QB's in the league look like that.

Last edited by therewillbechud; 09-10-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #119
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
I'm most definitely not going to throw Romo under the bus for this performance like everyone else has though.
All three interceptions were poor reads and poor decisions by Romo where he did not properly see the defense, and the first two picks he had receivers wide open (Williams for at-worst a long gain / at-best a long touchdown on a deep post on the first, Harris for a sure touchdown on a slant on the second). They were not a product of poor pass protection by the offensive line, an inability by the offense to establish the run game, or misunderstood / wrong routes by receivers. All three picks were simply mental mistakes by one player.

I've gone out of my way to throw my support behind Tony Romo multiple times on this board and elsewhere. I still think he gives the Cowboys the best chance to win and his high level of play from last year is absolutely necessary for the Cowboys to have a chance this season. All that said, this loss is squarely on his shoulders. His three turnovers gave his team zero chance to compete, because San Francisco is a good football team and took advantage of all the extra chances Romo gave them.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-10-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 0

If this continues, Jerry is going to blow this team up in the off-season, and it may be way past due to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »