Home

Week 1: Buffalo Bills (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0)

This is a discussion on Week 1: Buffalo Bills (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Week 1: Buffalo Bills (0-0) @ Chicago Bears (0-0)

I think the Bills have a legitimate chance at the #1 overall pick next year (the one that goes to the Browns.....). They had a solid defense last year but it lost Byrd, Alonzo and their coordinator. The bizarro Orton signing shows you how much faith they have in Manuel.

OT: I know that Watkins is a special talent but trading a current 1st and a future 1st to move up 5 spots in the draft could come back to really hurt them. History says NFL teams have a pretty solid hit rate on WR drafted in the top 5 but man... Watkins is gonna have to be transcendent to justify this deal. God bless Buffalo.

I hate the Bears but I'm not even that big a homer. I have the Bears by a considerable margin.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea

Last edited by dsallupinyaarea; 09-03-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Gonna be a good game...

"Hell of game... Yeah! Hell of a game, hell of a game. Bears gonna have a great team this year... great team (grunt) (grunt)"

Meh, let's pick "hometown" Bills for 24-20
Old 09-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
I think the Bills have a legitimate chance at the #1 overall pick next year (the one that goes to the Browns.....). They had a solid defense last year but it lost Byrd, Alonzo and their coordinator. The bizarro Orton signing shows you how much faith they have in Manuel.
I would say they aren't going to be worse than last year. Byrd was a tough loss but he's only a safety and certainly not the defining characteristic. We still have Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Jerry Hughes, etc. Spikes is an upgrade as well. Losing Alonso was worse than Byrd but I don't see it being a huge impact. The D played well during the preseason and I don't see it changing.

Signing Orton was an insurance policy. Our backups were awful. Again I don't see them being worse than last year. We lost EJ for six games and Thad Lewis played, lol.

Quote:
OT: I know that Watkins is a special talent but trading a current 1st and a future 1st to move up 5 spots in the draft could come back to really hurt them. History says NFL teams have a pretty solid hit rate on WR drafted in the top 5 but man... Watkins is gonna have to be transcendent to justify this deal. God bless Buffalo.
This was talked about a ton after the draft. Lots of the pundits saw it as a LOL BILLS thing. Most of them assume we'll have a top-3 pick which I don't really see. Trading a ~9-11 pick for Sammy Watkins was well worth it if he pans out. EJ needs to have a quality #1 receiver if he's going to progress.

edit: re: this game, I don't see it as a blowout. I don't expect a win but I don't think the Bears are as good as lots of peeps think they are. If Cutler gets that grimace face going on it'll be funny.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

The Bears are not that good of a team. The Bills are barely a team at all. The Bears are just good enough to make this one embarrassing.

This one is going to be ugly.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #13
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I like the Bears a lot this year, but I have a feeling the Bills defense will make things tough on Cutler, and EJ will surprise some people. Still predicting a Bears win, but I think it will be a 24-20 kind of game rather than the 41-7 that it was the last time Buffalo went to Chicago (if I remember right).
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Bears 38 Bills 20.
Cutler aproaches 400 yards...
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

For some reason I just see this as a comfortable win for the Bears.

Pre-season is not an indicator for regular season performance but the Bills Offense looked so bland, and unimaginative. Screen left, screen right, draw, incomplete pass, punt. Manuel just never got going, and their one shining hope of a 1st round pick (Watkins) got dinged up.

Even without Alonso, I believe the Bills will be leaning on their Defense; but I don't believe they will slow down Cutler/Marshall/Jeffery & co.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 27

If Jay Cutler goes for one of his bull****, patented 4-int games, I might get banned today. lol

Can't overlook the Bills. Especially not in Week 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »