Home

The Adrian Peterson Saga

This is a discussion on The Adrian Peterson Saga within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #41
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Adrian Peterson Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Glossing over the details and coming to a vague conclusion. Should the NFL just tell AP he's a terrible parent as punishment?

If your brother told you that's how it happened and you knew him to be a good person would you want him to lose his job, be locked up, etc. What punishment would you want? More importantly, what's the standard punishment in this case? That's where I flip to the other side. People do things wrong, they should be punished for it, but I'm not expecting a child to have his hand cut off for stealing a piece of bread (standard punishment in some parts of the world). I won't be blinded by my ignorance to what is in place in cases like this. We are still talking about human beings here. Whether you want to call them mistakes (I think this one definitely was) or worse, the punishment should be a deterrent to them and others from the crime happening again... not as some form of revenge or an attempt to get even.
I don't understand this "know him to be a good person" thing. People are good based on their actions, not by how good they or other people say they are. Someone who beats their kid with a stick and leaves marks that are still visible a week later is not a good person. The things that Rice and Peterson have done are not "mistakes", they're criminal acts. I don't care if you're my brother or my best friend or a professional football player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #42
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
AD just dont seem like a guy that would be abusive to children to me. Maybe he did go a little to far or hit a little to hard but I have a hard time believing he intended harm to his child.
He didn't seem like it until he did.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #43
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
I havent seen any pictures of the boys injuries, as it sounds like some have, but just because a kid has his rear tanned, doesnt yell at child abuse, if thats the case then my parents and grandparents were all child abusers, cause I had some major welts from some whoopens I got
Did you have welts on your balls a week later after a man who's stronger than 99% of the world's population gave you a "whooping" when you were 4 years old?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
A couple weeks ago in Vancouver, an elevator camera caught someone kicking their dog a few times. Turns out he was the CEO of the catering company for BC Place in Vancouver and Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. Public backlash, he got fired. No such thing as "due process" when it comes to employees. If you cause bad pub for your company, you're gone, unless that company thinks you're worth sufficient $$$ (ie, an elite athlete).

http://fortune.com/2014/09/02/center...g-abuse-fired/
Kicking a dog in Vancouver, Canada is not the same as spanking a kid in Texas, USA. I only bring that up to say that from the highest court to the members of a jury of his peers, the feelings on these two things couldn't be more different.

With that said, you could find examples closer to this one and here in the States. Hell, Ray Rice is the easiest one to point at. I still don't agree with it. That man would most likely be fired anyway. I could also show examples of wrongfully accused, people punished due to the vocal minority, businesses who's policies on such things have changed bc of people being protected by changes in laws rather than rational CEOs and HR directors changing their ways. This could easily trickle into talk of politics, race, religion, etc. so I'm being as vague as possible (and probably not even doing a good job in this post). Bottom line is I just like to feel confident (as confident as possible anyway) that whoever is giving the punishment is qualified to do so. I'm not, and I don't think most of the people often screaming the loudest are either.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #45
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I don't think it's about the team wanting their best player in a sense that they don't care about the importance of the situation. I just think they aren't rushing to judgement.
I don't believe that for a nanosecond.
Quote:
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #46
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

From what I hear he will get probation due to him not being in trouble before and it being his first offense. Something about state law and this being a gray area of parenting.

All I know is godell is going to use this as to save face for the ray rice situation and dish out a punishment/suspension too harsh.

Also to all the people saying about he was 200/300 pounds a day shouldn't of did it, etc. It doesn't matter how big someone is, if a child needs spanked then they get spanked. I never seen anyone go to a scale first and weigh them self before dishing out punishment.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I havent seen any pictures of the boys injuries, as it sounds like some have, but just because a kid has his rear tanned, doesnt yell at child abuse, if thats the case then my parents and grandparents were all child abusers, cause I had some major welts from some whoopens I got
The pictures show 8+ strikes that formed welts and/or drew blood on the front of his legs from the stick used wrapping around and hitting him in the front, including his genitals. Police report states there are bruises on his back and rear, and defensive wounds on his hands. All of the above Adrian Peterson confirmed he did.

Well beyond welts and a 'tanned rear'
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #48
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
I don't believe that for a nanosecond.
Nor should you considering this same organization cut AJ Jefferson hours after he was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence before he was even formally charged with anything. The notion that this is about "due process" is a bit disingenuous if you ask me. If AD was a scrub, he'd already be gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »