Home

The Adrian Peterson Saga

This is a discussion on The Adrian Peterson Saga within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Adrian Peterson Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
But Peterson didn't spank his child. He whipped him with a switch... quite a bit of difference there.
Actually they aren't different, and that's where the cultural differences come into play and cloud this thing. Depending on where you're from, kids are spanked with hands, belts, cords, hot wheel tracks (who else had the hot wheel track... hated that one), and especially switches... usually ones that you would go out to pick yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #66
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
We were talking about the Vikings letting him play (more or less). Here's part of your post.

I don't think the NFL should hand down a punishment until law enforcement hands down a punishment, and that shouldn't happen until he has his day in court. I don't think it's about the team wanting their best player in a sense that they don't care about the importance of the situation. I just think they aren't rushing to judgement.
I never said it's about Minnesota wanting their best player on the field. I believe they're simply waiting for the NFL to make the move because whatever the NFL does to him supersedes whatever they do.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #67
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I meant to post this earlier. Not for or against, just fuel for the fire. I think some will understand where Chuck is coming from and others will be 100% with the author.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...202259157.html
Old 09-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #68
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Actually they aren't different, and that's where the cultural differences come into play and cloud this thing. Depending on where you're from, kids are spanked with hands, belts, cords, hot wheel tracks (who else had the hot wheel track... hated that one), and especially switches... usually ones that you would go out to pick yourself.

LOL, Hot wheel track, never had that one but Im a farmboy so I was into toy tractors more so that hot wheels. I know what you mean whatever was handy at the time, and being on a farm there was always something that would hurt,lol. All in all I didnt get to many over the years, but the few I got I remember still to this day and im 42 now.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #69
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I meant to post this earlier. Not for or against, just fuel for the fire. I think some will understand where Chuck is coming from and others will be 100% with the author.

This is one of those times I wish there was no TOS here so I can really speak my mind on this. Charles is right on a few things but he's also way out there on a few other things he said as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #70
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Charles can say some funny thngs and some dumb things, well a lot of dumb things but I see where he was trying to get across. Other than I hate him saying blacks, lets forget race here, cause I think anyone raised at a certain time frame believed in whipping their kids. Probanly the thing tht annoys me about Chuck is the constant black/white crap he throws around, and I have always liked Chuck, I jusy wish he wwould leave race out of it more often.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #71
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
No he isn't. Per Texas law.

"Accidental injury or harm is also excluded from the definition of abuse"

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...hild_abuse.htm

Did he make a mistake?, you bet. Abuse. No. Children are very resilient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I disagree, he intended to strike the child, accidents in this context are things like the child falling out of his chair and smacking his head.
^^^ This. I'd be very surprised if a court rules that it's "accidental" simply because Peterson didn't mean to injure him the way that he did it. "Accidental" refers to if his son fell down and hurt himself while under Peterson's roof. Even then, it's not considered accidental if Peterson put him in a place where he could be at risk of an accident occurring.

Heck, that same site pretty clearly depicts what is considered abuse and doesn't mention anything about intent.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #72
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
You still didn't answer the question. It's a hypothetical so in the scenario, if you knew your brother to be a good person to that point...
This is weird. Whether I considered my brother to be a "good person" or a "bad person" beforehand is irrelevant. What matters is the act. If I thought my brother was innocent or falsely accused, I would support him all the way. If I thought he was guilty of what he was accused of, then it would depend on the seriousness of the crime and my brother's attempts to make things right.

Quote:
What should his punishment be?

This is my problem with all of these cases. People are outraged! Okay, in many ways, rightfully so. But what should the punishment be and why? He should be locked up? How long? He should lose his job? Does it depend on what his job is? He should be suspended? For how long? Is that the same as what should happen to the guy that punches a 4 year old in the face for drooling on his shoe?
Legally, the punishment should be whatever the courts decide. If the crime in question calls for jail time, then jail time. If probation, then probation.

As far as employers go, if an employee is charged with a crime, suspensions and possible termination should be based on the seriousness of the crime. Regarding the NFL, teams at any time can suspend or cut a player based on "conduct detrimental to the best interests of professional football".

How do you feel about the Aaron Hernandez situation? The Patriots released him before he was even charged. Since he's innocent until proven guilty, do you think they should've waited until he had his day in court? If he's found not guilty, should the Patriots be forced to pay him his 2013 and 2014 salaries (which were guaranteed).
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »