Home

Week 7: Thursday Night Football - New York Jets (1-5) at New England Patriots (4-2)

This is a discussion on Week 7: Thursday Night Football - New York Jets (1-5) at New England Patriots (4-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #57
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Week 7: Thursday Night Football - New York Jets (1-5) at New England Patriots (4-

Folk is $$$.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #58
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Week 7: Thursday Night Football - New York Jets (1-5) at New England Patriots (4-

Other than the first play, good drive. **** the Patriots.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #59
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Folk is $$$.

Ehhh.

GG Pats fans.

They can't put this one on Geno.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Jets have Pats all they could handle as I said they would.

Good game. Too close for me though. Whew!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Well this one is on the defense. Handed them 7 points on the opening drive, and then you can't give up a 3rd and 19 touchdown. Very disheartening to lose a game that you run for 200+ yards, and don't turn the ball over.

Geno played well but at 1-6 its hard to take positives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Minor gear grinder as a result of last night's game. All the talk of New England no longer being able to stop the run with Mayo out. As if KC did not run all over them with Mayo in there. Or when Miami did the same. Such a lazy and convenient excuse for these guys paid to give opinions on sports to take.

Something else that bugged me. I have no clue what game Jim Nantz was talking about last night either. Talking about Nick Mangold dominating Vince Wilfork when the two rarely even lined up against one another. In reality Wilfork played one of his better games so far this season.

As for the game itself. Can't help but feel lucky to have us escape with a win. NYJ inability to cash in proved to be the difference. Ate up all that clock only to settle for 3 points over and over. Deep on NE territory too.

Patriots offense continues to show promise. Nice to see Danny Amendola make a catch for 6. How much involvement he has from here is anyone's guess, but it was still good to see him make a nice grab when the team needed him.

Only one game but I'm going to say Browner is overpaid. Not at all impressed. Winded and did absolutely nothing. I'll give in a couple more weeks before I completely turn on the guy though.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

And unfortunately, we know nothing about the RB shake up without Ridley. Vareen had a great game but not by getting more rushing attempts. It looked like they are trying to give the bulk of the role to Gray, fresh off the practice squad. Bolden is a big contributor on special teams so I think his role will remain limited. I'm kind o surprised White wasn't even active.

Any of you NE fans with an inside scoop on White? Not like BB leaks much info but I thought he'd at least be suited up.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #64
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Lots of fuss over this: http://instagram.com/p/uPU3dJtUOg/

NFL: "We call it preventative officiating," Blandino said. "Because it's a player safety rule we're trying to avoid a situation before it happens, so the umpires will get in there and move that player out of there. More often you see it when a player is in a three-point stance and he's down on the line of scrimmage, you'll see the umpire tap the player to move him out of that, because we have to be outside the framework of the center."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »