Home

Week 7: Vikings (2-4) @ Bills (3-3)

This is a discussion on Week 7: Vikings (2-4) @ Bills (3-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Week 7: Vikings (2-4) @ Bills (3-3)

So as Vikings fans we are all deflated, well at least I am. Losing Adrian after the first game of the year, not knowing whether or not he will even be on the team next year. Watching Ponder stink it up on Thursday night, seeing Bridgewater get killed against Detroit while throwing 3 picks (in which 2 of them were off deflections) and seeing Paterson (which was amazing week 1) completely disappear and have most of our offense go through (Can't catch anything over 5 yards) Wright. Kyle Rudolph and Chad Greenway out and Matt Kalil forgetting how to block.

Not sure what the bills are about but they are 3-3 on the heels of the pats. Kyle Orton I'm pretty sure is their new starting QB. I haven't really followed them much so I can't say much about them.

I'm looking for the bills to score on the first drive (pretty sure every game this year the vikings have game up points on first drive) and then for the vikings defense to become solid and stop the bills from moving down the field only for the offense to get teddy sack 20 times and keep giving chances to the bills offense at midfield.

Prediction is:
Bills - 17-24 points
Vikings - 3-14 (Points only come off good defensive stops that get us into the opposite field)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Week 7: Vikings (2-4) @ Bills (3-3)

The O-Line was just putrid last week.

Unless that gets fixed, it's going to be a long season. Teddy is going to be running for his life.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #3
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

If the Bills lose I quit. They are a better team than what played last week vs New England and they are certainly better than the Petersonless Vikngs. I am really hoping the Bills don't play down to the their opponent this game.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Bills win this one because their defense steps up. I think we will see a big game from Mario Williams
Old 10-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I agree with Kaiser if the Bills find a way to lose this game i'll just passively follow the rest of the season.

I expect a comfortable win and maybe even a blowout. Don't disappoint me now Bills. Hopefully they continue feeding the ball to Chandler/Hogan and get Watkins more involved in the gameplan since he doesn't have Revis to worry about.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I agree with views expressed by Bills fans. Won't go as fas as to call it a must win for Buffalo, but a loss at him against Minnesota would put a wrinkle in any hopes of winning the AFC East. Could even prove costly to a possible Wild Card birth. I do think they handle business with a win. CJ Spiller needs to get going soon though. For fantasy reasons of course.

Go Vikings.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I hate that we're back into "I expect a comfortable win" realm to opposing fans.

Damn, I hate when the Vikings suck. Haha

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I hate that we're back into "I expect a comfortable win" realm to opposing fans.

Damn, I hate when the Vikings suck. Haha
I don't want to crap on other teams. I don't expect our offense to light up the scoreboard, but I expect them to continue to improve with Orton at the helm.

On the other side, if the Vikings get 21 points this game, not including drives that start off of turnovers, then I will consider this game a loss. The Vikings offense just look terrible from afar. Even with Bridgewater they look bad despite his promising play. If our defensive line doesn't have a big game (thinking three plus sacks) and a bunch of hurries and knockdowns versus your offensive line, the Bills have no hope.

I unfortunately feel that Buffalo is still that team that will play down to the level of their opponent and find a way to lose. We play to the level of our opponent, so we stay in versus good teams, and let the bad teams hang around. The Bills are still an 8-8 type of team who can make the palyoffs by just squeaking out a couple of toss up and underdog games and keeping their nose clean on the "shoud win" games, except for about 5 years now, going back to the Trent Edwards 5-1 start, the Bills lose those games. We still eek out our toss ups and underdogs wins but just never handle our business in the "should win" category. This is a should win for the Bills and I think most people agree with that, which is why I'm more uneasy about this game than others.

I want to predict a Bills win, but my gut says we lose in some unfathomably stupid sequence of events in the middle to late fourth quarter.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »