Home

Week 8 MNF: Washington Redskins (2-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (6-1)

This is a discussion on Week 8 MNF: Washington Redskins (2-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (6-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14
Week 8 MNF: Washington Redskins (2-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (6-1)

Well, another hated NFC East rivalry on tap this week. Better yet, it's Monday Night Football. I love Colt McCoy... I'm gonna feel really bad when he gets dismantled by his beloved Cowboys /cocky trash talk. But seriously, I expect Colt & the Skins to give us their best shot. Id love to see Murray continue that 100 yard streak, but more importantly just give me 7-1 Dallas. 1 step closer to not collapsing lol. Game is 8:30 on ESPN obviously. Enjoy.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Week 8 MNF: Washington Redskins (2-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (6-1)

Not to mention, they keep the streak going against the pivital Cardinals game. I expect Dallas to win that one too. As for the Eagles game, from what I saw this week, I'd say Dallas has a chance to win by a FG.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't know what to expect. The Redskins have played everyone(except the Giants) close and have had chances to win all of their game(except the Giants). Turnovers absolutely have killed them. A huge part of all the turnovers was Kurt Cousins. Now that McCoy is starting, I still don't know what to expect. No result will surprise me really. A blowout from either side or a close game on either side will not be surprising with these two.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 10-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1

Dallas should blow Washington out but a frustrated rival is not someone who you want to play at all. Much like the Eagles-Wash game I can see this one getting ugly.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 10-20-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRblue1027
Dallas should blow Washington out but a frustrated rival is not someone who you want to play at all. Much like the Eagles-Wash game I can see this one getting ugly.
I concur. Dallas and the Giants did brawl a few times yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't know what to expect. The Redskins have played everyone(except the Giants) close and have had chances to win all of their game(except the Giants). Turnovers absolutely have killed them. A huge part of all the turnovers was Kurt Cousins. Now that McCoy is starting, I still don't know what to expect. No result will surprise me really. A blowout from either side or a close game on either side will not be surprising with these two.
I think most would be fairly shocked if the McCoy-led 'Skins blew out the Cowboys. Not saying it's impossible but I can't say it wouldn't be a huge suprise.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 10-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Colt McCoy fan but even bigger Cowboys fan. Somehow I hope Colt can sling it for 250 yards + 2 TDs but Washington still loses by 20+. Regardless, Washington always plays Dallas hard and the added wrinkle of DeSean Jackson will give the Cowboys fits. If Washington keeps at it with the run and limits turnovers, this one could come down to the end.

This game isn't a gimme, since 2010, Dallas is 5-3 versus Washington. Interesting nugget: Dallas & Washington record stands at 8-7 in MNF games.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Colt McCoy fan but even bigger Cowboys fan. Somehow I hope Colt can sling it for 250 yards + 2 TDs but Washington still loses by 20+. Regardless, Washington always plays Dallas hard and the added wrinkle of DeSean Jackson will give the Cowboys fits. If Washington keeps at it with the run and limits turnovers, this one could come down to the end.

This game isn't a gimme, since 2010, Dallas is 5-3 versus Washington. Interesting nugget: Dallas & Washington record stands at 8-7 in MNF games.
We (Skins) haven't been able to run the ball all year. Morris hasn't had a 100 yd game in something like 13 games. We also turn the ball over a lot and don't generate hardly any. Our pass rush #'s are inflated because of the 10 sacks vs Jax and a few vs Ten, two bad teams. We are fairly decent at stopping the run, partly because you can just pass the ball at will vs us.

I have no idea what to expect with Colt. Gruden obviously won't be as vanilla as he was last week with Colt getting #1 reps in practice but going into a crazy environment with all of the lights on I'd imagine we come out conservative and throw a lot of screens to Pierre & D-Jax while trying to isolate Reed on a LB.

This will be our 1st test vs an elite WR in his prime (sorry Fitz). He should eat us alive and give some folks a late fantasy win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »