Home

Week 12: Detroit Lions (7-3) at New England Patriots (8-2)

This is a discussion on Week 12: Detroit Lions (7-3) at New England Patriots (8-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #41
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Week 12: Detroit Lions (7-3) at New England Patriots (8-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
And (of course, being technical in all aspects of this) his reason was retaliation for the Pats throwing a TD pass instead of just ending the game.
Not to split hairs, but it was a dive up the middle, not a pass. And a few plays after the broadcast caught Suh yelling "You can't run on me".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #42
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I was talking about the low block.

It was a dirty play that he admitted to after the game. Be sure though, if he had on the wrong brand of headphones, he'd be fined. Or if his socks were the wrong color. But trying to injure a player and nothing.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #43
GOAT

dales's Arena

Quote:
The "or any other play" is where it gets tricky (imo). It's legal on any other play, though unnecessary. And (of course, being technical in all aspects of this) his reason was retaliation for the Pats throwing a TD pass instead of just ending the game. One could argue that was unexpected so they may line up to take a knee, fake it and throw another pass since they didn't do the "expected" thing before.

I don't think he should be fined either. No idea why NE didn't take a knee before when they could've ended the game. That decision puts their players at risk for injury within the rules. I don't think what he did was right either but it wasn't any more illegal than what they did.

The score wasn't a pass and the only reason the Pats scored a TD was because of a personal foul committed by the Lions on the FG attempt. They acted like losers which is nothing new. The stink of Schwartz is still all over that team. Anyone hear Suh yelling to Brady that they shouldn't ****ing run at him in the fourth quarter when his team is down 27-9? Gotta make sure NE knows you can't run on Suh, no matter what!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:57 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
The "or any other play" is where it gets tricky (imo). It's legal on any other play, though unnecessary. And (of course, being technical in all aspects of this) his reason was retaliation for the Pats throwing a TD pass instead of just ending the game. One could argue that was unexpected so they may line up to take a knee, fake it and throw another pass since they didn't do the "expected" thing before.

I don't think he should be fined either. No idea why NE didn't take a knee before when they could've ended the game. That decision puts their players at risk for injury within the rules. I don't think what he did was right either but it wasn't any more illegal than what they did.
You sound like a sneaky lawyer getting your client off on a technicality lol

Seriously though that would be a clever way to fight it
Old 11-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #45
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Not to split hairs, but it was a dive up the middle, not a pass. And a few plays after the broadcast caught Suh yelling "You can't run on me".
Sorry, run... I don't condone what he did so it really doesn't matter to me. Really the point is NE could've taken a knee to end the game but they ran a play. It'd be hard to argue against him saying he wasn't positive they weren't going to run another play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
You sound like a sneaky lawyer getting your client off on a technicality lol

Seriously though that would be a clever way to fight it
Yeah unfortunately that's why rules have to be as specific as possible and enforced that way, because everyone is always looking for a loophole when it comes to covering their ***.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #46
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Really the point is NE could've taken a knee to end the game but they ran a play.
True, but there was still 2:00 on the clock....it wasn't like there was :15 left. It just seems kind of vague when a team is supposed to stop playing? If a team is up by 28+, should they start taking a knee with 5 minutes left?
Old 11-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #47
GOAT

dales's Arena

Quote:
Sorry, run... I don't condone what he did so it really doesn't matter to me. Really the point is NE could've taken a knee to end the game but they ran a play. It'd be hard to argue against him saying he wasn't positive they weren't going to run another play.

Yeah unfortunately that's why rules have to be as specific as possible and enforced that way, because everyone is always looking for a loophole when it comes to covering their ***.
They tried to kick a FG and CJ Mosley committed a blatant personal foul that he should be fined for, too. Watch it here. So NE said, "fine, you want to play dirty, we'll just score again." This crap is all on the Lions. They acted like babies because they couldn't take being dominated in all three phases of the game. What else is new?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #48
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
True, but there was still 2:00 on the clock....it wasn't like there was :15 left. It just seems kind of vague when a team is supposed to stop playing? If a team is up by 28+, should they start taking a knee with 5 minutes left?
It's not vague at all actually. If you can take 3 knees and end the game, the unwritten rule is that's when you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
They tried to kick a FG and CJ Mosley committed a blatant personal foul that he should be fined for, too. Watch it here. So NE said, "fine, you want to play dirty, we'll just score again." This crap is all on the Lions. They acted like babies because they couldn't take being dominated in all three phases of the game. What else is new?
And he said "fine, you want to score again, I'll go for someone's knee."

Not really sure what your argument is here. I don't have a dog in this race and I think both sides were wrong in what they did. The only point I'm making is neither side broke the rules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »